>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Carry Condition Preference Survey

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby John_Doe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:19 pm

S&W 340 M&P with a clipdraw belt clip installed on the side of the gun. No holster required. Hangs right on the belt, Very comfortable and easy to conceal.
John_Doe

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:29 pm

cover the trigger mannnn, or it may go boom,boom,.............
ulgydog56

Postby smith6906 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

S&W 6904. in Galco Leather pancake. 12+1 hammer down, safety off. .........8LB trigger......its my safety ;-)
smith6906

Postby MightyFoFaad » Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 am

Most of my autos are 1911 "type" guns, like the Colt Combat Commander, Browning HiPower, Taurus PT940 etc. For 45 years I've felt most comfortable (safe) keeping one in the chute with the hammer "down." The only exception is my Taurus PT145 which doesn't have an external hammer & so you must keep the safety on. You can guess how many different types of holsters I've gone thru over the years. For the last 10, I've switched to belt slide holsters for all of my autos. They are the most concealable as they add nothing to your silhouette.
MightyFoFaad

Postby ulgydog56 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:15 pm

everybodys diffarent....for semiautos i like 1 in the pipe and a decocker/safety down.I will carry double action only but mostly 0 in the pipe unless i don,t like the area. thats my comfort zone....revolvers diffrent storie, trigger group sleeved and good to go.....
ulgydog56

Postby ke7zem » Sun May 22, 2011 4:53 pm

I allways carry one in the pipe with a full mag. The idea is, a good gun is made to be carried this way and you do not know when you will be attacked. it takes less than a second for someone with knife to get to your body within 10 feet? something like that? My M1911A1 is meant to be carried in condition one, that is one in the pipe, full mag, hammer back, and thumb safety on. you could carry it in condition 0 ( I would't, thats the same thing except the thumb safety is off), but that's a little extreme for me. I have a .40 cal Glock I carry with one in the chamber, that's what a defensive, combat handgun is made for. The best safety in the world is your brain! I also have a beretta model 84 FS "Cheetah", which is a great carry compact weapon because I am left handed and it offers the ambi safe and decock; The double/single action of the trigger is even better for quick draw and instant shooting. you gotta remember, if a situation ever goes down (which I hope it never does) your body, central nervous system, adrenalyn is going to be all over the map, you don't want to have to make alot of decision on, racking the slide, cocking the hammer, unsnapping the holster. That's why practicing the same way everytime you go to the range, carrying the same way everytime and all that is exactly the same so you don't have to think about it in a critical insodent.
ke7zem

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:54 pm

what you say is very true, and you would,nt carry that 1911 at 0 condishion....comfort level...if your not comforable and confident bad things happen,and you bet practice,practice,practice...
ulgydog56

Postby MightyFoFaad » Sun May 22, 2011 8:15 pm

From ke7zem:

you gotta remember, if a situation ever goes down (which I hope it never does) your body, central nervous system, adrenalyn is going to be all over the map, you don't want to have to make alot of decision on, racking the slide, cocking the hammer, unsnapping the holster.

YOU BETCHA !!!
MightyFoFaad

Postby JustBen » Sun May 22, 2011 10:19 pm

1911's are great weapons, but be sure to have your thumb on top of that safety 100% of the time, every time you touch that gun. I see people shooting these guns with their thumb under the safety. Huge mistake.

Practice makes permanent not perfect. So like all you guys have said, practice like you are in a fight for your life.

I carry a Glock 23 with a polished 3.5 lb. trigger in a comp-tac holster ready to go. For a back up I have a S&W 340CT .357 in a Desantis Nemasis pocket holster. Internal hammer double action only and no safety.
JustBen

Postby MightyFoFaad » Mon May 23, 2011 2:40 am

@ justben: .357 S&W 340CT??? Not really a good choice. It's too much like a "cell phone." With that short barrel, there's too much flash & noise ... people get really annoyed when you use it in a movie theater. :)
MightyFoFaad

PreviousNext

Return to Concealed Carry