>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

2 conceal carry questions.

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby Gloc9mm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:12 pm

I never carry seperately like in a car etc, so I just figured as long as you have the gun on you, your ok with a CCW in honoring States??

I know it can be different if you have no permit.
Gloc9mm

Postby eisen » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:02 pm

the ccw instructors we had told us to call them if we had questions any time , they are full time LEOs , that seems to me like the wise thing to do,,,when in doubt,,,,,,, justben thanks for the web site

eisen

Postby ding2134 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks for all the input everybody. I have my weapons license here in Georgia. I will continue to keep em chambered and try out some of the pocket holsters. I dont have any formal carry training and since pocketing the gun without a holster is the "stupid" thing to do, i think i can cope with the extra thickness of a holster in pocket. The only reason i didnt in the past is I just simply don't like stuff in my pockets and try to keep the size of stuff small. Keys, knives, whatever. But thanks again everybody. I stumbled on this site a couple weeks ago and the information and member base are incredible. Within hours I have multiple replies on my posts. i have never used a forum so its an awesome first experience. Im gonna be on this site for a long time.
ding2134

Postby ulgydog56 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 pm

ding try istwb holster you mite like it or a unclemikes pocket protector......
ulgydog56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Hey Ding, I want you to check this holster out http://remoraholsters.com/ The Remora holster is a dual purpose holster depending on your gun size. They can be used well for both pocket and IWB carry. I own two of them and they are fantastic. There are several You Tube videos that review it and recommend it. It sounds like the perfect holster for you! Good luck!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ding2134 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Nice suggestions guys, the Remora looks to be right up my alley. So pardon my ignorance please, but I suppose the benefit here is the trigger is not exposed to possibly being pulled? I carried my small pistol many times, but knew not to put anything else in the pocket and surely didnt keep anything in the chamber when I did. Having one of these holsters would make it completely safe I suppose?
ding2134

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Perfect is a difficult word to promise anyone because there is always the human factor involved when handling a firearm. A gun is as safe as you make them! You're right though, the most important reason for holstering a pocket weapon or an IWB in addition to securing the weapon is to protect the trigger.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ding2134 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Good to know... I watched a few video reviews of the remora. It looks good. Thanks again for the great feedback everybody!!
ding2134

Previous

Return to Concealed Carry