>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Accessories

leather holster

Discuss holsters, grips, magazines, sights, scopes, night-vision, gun safes, and other gun gear.

leather holster

Postby lenrolson » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Need holster (hip) for .357 - six shot revolver (Windcator) 2" barrel.
lenrolson

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Your request is easily found, but I have to ask if you have any specific requirements for the holster? How about right or left side of your hip? Do you want cowhide, horsehide or synthetic? Let me know what you want, not simply a holster for a 2 inch revolver. There are thousands of them available!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:29 am

TIG, You would probably know, what is the best synthetic holster to use for my G-19?? I have 2 leather holsters but use an Uncle Mikes paddle because the leather is just too bulky for someone with a bad back. Leather seems to dig in and annoy me. I have always worn it on my right rear hip and doubt I could change now.

Thank's, Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby JustBen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:20 am

I am a big Comp-Tac fan. Half leather half kaydex. www.comp-tac.com
JustBen

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Thank's Ben, I'll check that out. I needed a new Paddle anyway, that's why I asked about more of a Holster.

Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey Gloc, what's your plan for a CC holster? Is it IWB or OWB? Sounds like you're not a fan of the IWB due to your back problems. If you have decided on an OWB system, the only other thing I'm curious about is your budget. As you know holsters run the entire range from cheap to sweet. Where do you fit? I've got a Fobus paddle that didn't cost much at all and it has been a very nice holster. It's a matter of preference and affordability for all of us!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:16 am

Hi Tig, Cost is not a problem, within reason! lol

I wear my guns IWB as I cannot/would not carry exposed and had always thought OWB would be much harder to conceal?? (I never tried one)

I guess I should have asked if any Nylon type Holster made would be any better than the Uncle Mikes Paddles I am already using?? I find them comfy, but would like something just as comfy but more secure. I almost dropped my 1911 last week as it crept up/out when driving, but I mainly carry the Glock.

I can't bury it in the small of my back, but wear it on my right rear hip area. (In back, not on the side)

Hope that helps.

Thank's, Bob

As I'm writing, I hear "something" rustling around outside the bedroom window of my Apt!

*Have Glock in hand!
Gloc9mm

Postby JustBen » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:45 am

Just my humble opinion, but carrying appendix forward is the most secure, concealable and quickest draw. Most criminals carry appendix forward, so there must be something to it.

I have to carry at 2:00 due to my six pack being a full keg. I try to stay away from 3:00 or anywhere behind me.
JustBen

Postby Gloc9mm » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:58 am

Thank's Ben, Unfortunately I have been carrying there for over 30 yrs now, and I really doubt I'd be able at this point to get used to another area on my body. If I did ever need to go for it, I'd automatically reach where I have practiced all these yrs. You have a valid point, I see many carry there.

I feel lucky I was able to simply trust a Pistol over a Wheel!

But as they say, It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks! lol
Gloc9mm

Postby snke_doctr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:22 pm

I've been carrying for a long time now & have tried both IWB & OWB. I'm tall & thin so IWB is uncomfortable (presses on bone) so the only one of that type I can wear is when I carry my Bond Arms Derringer .45ACP (cross-draw on my left side). So my preference is belt wear (holster positioned between belt loop). I've got two leather holsters, one from Galco the other from Safariland.

My paddle holsters I wear just behind the belt loop (is that 3:00?). Fobus (so-so), Blackhawk Serpa (great carbon-fiber holster), and the plastic one that was included in the kit w/ my Springfield XD-M ( not a bad one at all).

I've also got an Uncle Mike's nylon ankle holster for my Ruger LCR that's really comfortable - I can wear it for hours and not even feel the added weight, it's balanced so well.
snke_doctr

Next

Return to Accessories