>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Other Weapons

Need a Good Straight Point Knife?

Heavy stuff like machine guns and artillery, or less-lethal weapons such as bows, swords and knives.

Need a Good Straight Point Knife?

Postby St8Shooter » Tue May 06, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm looking for a good striaght point knife, 7-9" or so. I need it to be dural, easy to sharp and keep sharp, with a sceth. Any suggestions?
St8Shooter

Postby lrgcal4fun » Tue May 06, 2008 9:16 pm

Hay 240,

Take a look at Cold Steel's web site. They have a great selection and I've never been disappointed in one of their products.

http://www.coldsteel.com/

Also, look for a British commando stiletto. They are simple, straight and slim.
lrgcal4fun

Postby lrgcal4fun » Tue May 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Shibby!!! Thanks lrgcal4fun! I collect knives (as well as guns)...so I have a wide varity...I love my throwing knives and my AKC Itialian Switch Blad (rose wood handel...very nice). Plus many camando knives, resue, and everything inbetween.

I have been looking for a good straight (drop) point knife for a while now. The closest knife I found was a Kershaw knife similar to the one you described.

Anyhow, enough rambling...sorry. Thanks again dude!
lrgcal4fun

Postby lrgcal4fun » Tue May 06, 2008 9:47 pm

Dude I looked all over that site and could not find the knife you are describing (which sounds cool as hell). Can ya help a brother out with a little more info???? Thanks dude!
lrgcal4fun

Postby lrgcal4fun » Wed May 07, 2008 2:22 am

I'm sorry 240 I miss understood what you were looking for. The knife I described is a double edged fighting knife the was used by the British military. Like the USMC K-Bar, there are a lot of manufactures that produce them. Unlike the K-Bar, it's a very sleek design.

Check out the wiki-article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairbairn- ... ting_knife

Most of the drop points I know about have a slight curve to the blade. But, I'll keep my eyes open.
lrgcal4fun

Postby lrgcal4fun » Wed May 07, 2008 6:43 am

Tjhat's what I'm talking about, but I can't find it on the Cold Steel website. I looked forever for that knife...:(
lrgcal4fun

Postby lrgcal4fun » Wed May 07, 2008 7:54 am

lrgcal4fun,

Check this out...it's a Kershaw (SHIBBY), and it is almost exactly what I've been looking for. Take a gander and let me know what you think!

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=146
lrgcal4fun

Postby lrgcal4fun » Wed May 07, 2008 2:16 pm

That Kershaw "military knife" looks great. I like it better than the "spike" I'm using now. You can see them at

http://www.coldsteel.com/spike.html

I have the Bowie. A good knife but I like the scale handle of the Kersahw better.

Although I have lots of folders, when the *_)&^&%^ hits the fan, I want the strength of a small fixed blade.
lrgcal4fun

Postby lrgcal4fun » Wed May 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Yeah, I'm going with that Kershaw. I already have several, particularally Ken Onions',but that is one bitch'n knife. It isn't that much either. Can't go wrong with Kershaw.

Perhaps you can help me find a USMC comando knife (not a shitty immitation). Excuse my lanuage...I'd much appreciate it.
lrgcal4fun

Postby beltbuckle » Sat May 17, 2008 6:10 pm

There';s alot of companies that make knives for your application.

Kershaw';s been mentioned already but I cant say enough good about them. I carry a Kershaw every day.

SOG makes some good knives also that fit your needs...
beltbuckle

Next

Return to Other Weapons