>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Other Weapons

Good brands of pocket knives

Heavy stuff like machine guns and artillery, or less-lethal weapons such as bows, swords and knives.

Postby TheBonecrusher » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Here again someone has asked an opinion of everyone and I have no problem giving my .02 cents. I carry Moore Maker knives. I have carried leatherman, Gerber, Puma, Buck and Case knives in the past. They are all good knives. I just can't keep them sharp! Moore Maker knives are made with carbon steel, I can keep them razor sharp and I just flat out think they are badass! I carry a two blade Muskrat #3205 in my pocket and a large two blade Trapper #5206 in a sheath. I carry a Roper #7101 when I dress up. They are located in Matador Texas. Website: www.Mooremaker.com
TheBonecrusher

Postby TheBonecrusher » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:11 am

1) SOG Flash Tanto. spring assist foldig knife with a tanto blade.

Great knife, light and the spring assist means you can open it easily with one hand.

2) Bear and Sons. Damascus Steel stag horn handle folding knife. There's nothing like damascus steel. My buddies call it "Dumb ass cuss" steel because it cost so much money that only a dumbass would buy one.

3) Kershaw Avalanche. Kershaw makes one of the best knives out there. The blade is razor sharp.

But my favorite knife is one my son gave me many years ago. He bought it at a flea market. All it says is PAKISTAN on the blade. I've sharpened it so many times that the blade is about half gone.
TheBonecrusher

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:23 am

Benchmade, pricey but what s your life worth?
NCCCCWteacher

Postby St8Shooter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 am

Benchmade AFO II is what I carry for deployment and personal carry. From what I understand you are need to be either an LEO or military to purchase. Not sure why but on their website they mention a federal reg. Personally I love this knife. Sent it back to them after my last run downrange. They cleaned it up, sharpened it and sent it back for 5 bucks!! great deal with a lifetime warranty.
St8Shooter

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Fantastic knife and you're right, Benchmade is serious about their restrictions to purchase it. But it doesn't take too much searching to find someone who ignores their wishes. It's an extremely fast opening knife with an excellent warranty. I prefer the Tanto vs. the drop point. But both are very solid knives.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby St8Shooter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

If I could figure out how to post a pic here I would show you the AFO II (its tanto point) that I carry. lmao. yah the tanto is my first choice also. clearly
St8Shooter

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

The only way to post pictures is through one of the online services like Flikr.com. You can upload to a free account and then share the link here. It works very well, I like it. http://www.flickr.com/

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby St8Shooter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:48 pm

how do I paste the link here? do I do just that? cut and paste?
St8Shooter

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:10 pm

You can do two things: Cut and Paste the whole address or bracket the link between these characters:

[url ] [/url ] (no space after the l) it will show up in your message as a yellow "link". You'll see these options next to the upper right corner of the message box. You'll see what I mean, just click the post reply and check the right corner. Let me know if this makes any sense at all, lol!!

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:46 am

space arfter url before the ] maybe?
beltbuckle

PreviousNext

Return to Other Weapons