>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Beretta CX4 STORM Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Postby MartyG » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:57 am

This week I received mine in 9mm from Bud's, shot 50 rds at an indoor pistol range, got a case, mags, and 1000 rds of ammo. Oh yes, a safe to put it in with the others....

Get what you can while you can. Prices rise every day, and will until the new administrations makes buying these impossible.

BTW, the gun is flawless. Every shot in the bull or 9 ring. No problems. Feels great. Could use a little smoothing on the trigger pull, but if it doesn't wear in, I'll tune it. Even my wife thinks it's beautiful, and she doesn't shoot very much.
MartyG

Postby spoonman » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:11 pm

run 400 thru the gun so far. flawless and fun to shoot. i need more .40 ammo now
spoonman

Postby lotsip81 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:41 pm

What is the accuracy range of one of these things? (Opens sight or scoped) They are really modern looking which I like, even though I usually am more of a traditionalist myself.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby MartyG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Last week I took my 9mm Beretta CX4 to the indoor 100 yd range. The rifle targets there are the size of a small pizza. At 100 yds, I had a hard time sighting it. I was lucky to hit the paper. Today I went back with a 30mm, 2X red dot. After a little sighting in, I routinely got my shots within a 4" group. No marksman, but if anything comes at me smaller than 4", I'll have to wait until the little gremlin gets closer! The red dot sight is quick and easy to pick up, sight and shoot. I recommend it, especially for those over-50 eyeballs like mine!
MartyG

Postby chewayne » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:36 am

this is a nice looking gun ,what's the price on one?
chewayne

Postby MartyG » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:57 am

Though MSRP is $900, these used to go for about $600. Lately they've been around $700 or more if you can find one. Getting the caliber/magazine combo you want can take longer.
MartyG

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 pm

i bought mine for 550 and now i was looking at them and they were 900 plus!!! i had fun with this gun but 900 is alot.. It does shoot 9mm so i can afford to shoot it
jdeangelis99

Postby lynkmn » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:57 am

WOW what a great gun. When I took this thing out to the shooting range. There were a few guys with AR-15's. Cool gun. When I pulled this bad boy out it was like a hot girl on the shooting range. Everyone had to watch the action. And the gun shot soooo good. I was hitting the bulls eye 50 yards out. Next time I will try 100 yards. I got mine in a 9mm love it.
lynkmn

Postby lindrith » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:26 pm

I bought my CX4 in 2005. It is still the sweetest carbine I own. I originally had the 45 cal version but a friend tried shooting some 9mmm through it...anyway i replaced the rifle with a 9mm version. Shoots like a charm after all these years. I tricked it out with a folding front grip, tactical light mounted on the right front weaver, Eotech red dot sight on the top weaver, sling,and a muzzle shroud - very hot looking. I don't want to brag but when I take this baby from its case, jaws drop. It does look 'way nastier than it is, but it performs flawlessly! The Eotech is mounted so I can still use the iron sights. This and the PX4 pistol make a great shooting team!
lindrith

Postby whitehood » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:58 am

Nothing like having a spare couple of grand and change to spare. It's a sweet rig you have and probably one of the ultimate home defense systems.

Here are a few questions for you. The way I thought about rigging this weapon is having a tactical light with a laser sight, dropping the Eotech and instead using a tritium sight as a back up. I haven't fired one at night but is there significant flash? Do they make an aftermarket flash suppressor and tritium inserts or after market sights? I've looked at some of the after market products and do you think it's feasible to rig one up this way?
whitehood

PreviousNext

Return to Rifles