>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Beretta CX4 STORM Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Postby 1ofEA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:14 pm

The CX4 is on sale locally for $700 but the Hi-Point 9mm carbine is also on sale for $235.

Any opinion on the Hi-Point? I know they're known as cheap guns and I've heard mixed reviews of them on-line but for $235, you can buy a lot of 9mm ammo with the extra money!
1ofEA

Postby markej4801 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes, this carbine is a bit expensive, but why oh why would you try to compare it to such a cheap gun??? You get what you pay for. I don't know of any other gun that is as easily adjustable as this, especially when the adjustments include making it a complete lefty, including the magazine release and safety! It is more fun to shoot than should be legal and every bit as accurate. And yes it does get the looks when I pull it out at the range, just as does its brother Storm, my PX4. 9mm is wonderful fun to shoot and is the least expensive of the centerfires.

The other side of this gun's work is CQB. I have this for home defense and, as stated, it works hand in hand with my 9mm PX4 Storm. The magazines are totally interchangeable and you can also get the 20 round mags (I've gotten 3 specifically for the CX4, since it fits better than the 17 round mags in the carbine's mag well).

One thing I cannot leave unmentioned is that if you do decide to reverse the magazine release and the safety, there are a few extremely good vids on YouTube to view before you start. The owner's manual states this is the job of a gunsmith, but the vids strongly suggest otherwise. You be the judge.
markej4801

Postby RudeDog » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Can it be fieldstripped?
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys
RudeDog

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 am

NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby markej4801 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:29 am

Also, here's a youtube link that covers the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUcBjATlKlI

While disassembled, you can easily reverse the cartridge ejection as well. That is well described in the manual and shown on youtube. I am proud owner of 3 Berettas--the CX4, its brother the PX4 and a U22Neos. All 3 are simplicity itsself to strip and clean. Makes the "chore" of cleaning a pleasure for me.
markej4801

Postby SRTSUPPLY » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:48 pm

I have 2 each of the Cx4's in 9mm, 40sw and 45acp available for purchase.

$795.00

They will be listed in the classifieds in a day or two.

Thanks!
SRTSUPPLY

Postby 1deadshot » Mon May 03, 2010 3:51 am

just out of curiousity can you get 30rd magz for this?
1deadshot

Postby markej4801 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:09 am

Good question, deadshot. If the magazine well is fitted for the PX4 Storm mags, the short answer is no. The PX4 only has 2 sizes that I have been able to find: the standard 17 round and the extended 20 round.

However, if your CX4 is fitted to use the 92 mags, yes! There are 30 round mags made for the Beretta 92. I have heard of them and seen pictures of them, but have never reseached them at all.

This is one of the cool things about this carbine: it can easily be transformed to work with either pistol's magazines. It is simply a matter of switching the part in the mag well to accept one or the other. As I understand it, the part is not expensive--in the area of $30 or so-- and it takes seconds to change it out.

One other thing I should touch base on is that this is for the 9mm version of the Beretta 92. I can't speak to the .40 or .45. Hope this helps. Any corrections would be greatly appreciated.
markej4801

Postby mhj531 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Does anyone know the accuracy differanses between the 9mm,40 cal, and 45 cal in this weapon? I was leaning toward a 40 when I found out that it came in 45 witch I love. Then I heard that 9mm balistics have improved dramaticl in the last 10-15 years. Since its cheaper and has higher capasity mags avalible for it I now am in a quandry.
mhj531

Postby markej4801 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:02 pm

@mhj531: I have the 9mm and LOVE it. The gun is the most comfortable gun I have ever shot, it's easy to maintain, easy to adjust to left handed if desired, matches my CX4...could go on, but don't want to bore you. :)

I have shot the .40 and liked it alot. I have not even seen a .45, but would have to assume with the history of the other 2 that it would be just as awesome.

As to balistics of the 9mm, I can only say that dead is dead. People die when you shoot them with this thing, provided you aim decently. Is .40 larger? Will .45 be a better stopper? That completely depends on your decided aim. Keep in mind that you can pracitce a LOT more dollar for dollar with 9 than either of the others. I know the debate will go on long after I am dead and gone, but my decision was to go with the 9mm. You pays your money and you takes your chances. If you can reconcile yourself to the much more expensive .45 (total cost of ownership) and feel that is the only way for you to go, I wish you all the best. It's a GREAT gun, with more capacity to offer than a 1911 (oh, I know I'll get hit for THAT one). Reliability is good enough to trust your life to it. Comes down to your pocketbook and desire. Good luck on your choice.
markej4801

PreviousNext

Return to Rifles