>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Ruger 10/22 Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Ruger 10/22 Reviews

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:40 pm

Fabulous rifle and extremely reliable. I enjoy buying the receivers and building them from scratch. There are thousands of aftermarket accessories for the 10/22. It's a joy to own and shoot. This rifle has been on the market for several decades and I honestly don't think we'll see it go away for many more. It's very accurate and mine functions reliably with any type of ammunition. Anyone looking for a great 22 can buy one of these sight unseen, I promise you'll not be disappointed!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Ky-Glockman » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:23 am

Hey tig would you recomend this rifle for squirrel hunting? I have been wanting to buy one and put a scope on it to hunt with. It has to be extremely accurate to hunt squirrels with.
Ky-Glockman

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:09 am

KY, Are you kidding?? Brother, this is one of the best squirrel rifles ever made!! This is a great rifle and you can trick it out in a thousand different ways. Once you attach a scope mount, they accept Weaver and Picatinny mounts, so you can put anything you want on these rifles. I'll put the 10/22 .22 Magnum on the list. You can't buy a more powerful 22 caliber round without going to a centerfire. This is simply a great .22 LR or Magnum rifle. It will serve you for years to come! I absolutely love mine! I hope you get one, you won't regret the investment.

Tig

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Ky-Glockman » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:45 am

Thanks tig it was on my want to get and try one out list, now it is on my definitely another ruger 10/22 sold list LOL. Thanks tig, oh and by the way how much is the usual sale price for them?
Ky-Glockman

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:14 am

Price is going to vary from place to place. Check Walmart out first, they sell them for a very good price. A gun show is another good place to shop. Expect to pay around $250 +. You might get lucky and find one for less. You have to do your homework and you'll find your best price. Don't eliminate the possibility of buying a used rifle either. These rifles are very durable and reliable. If it looks well taken care of it is probably worth a look.

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby czdude » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:40 pm

dude this is the best .22 ever i even have pistol grips a folding stock and a 30 rd clip for mine . but i got mine at dicks for 220$
czdude

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm

I agree with you completely! You can find them in the $200-$300 range, you have to do your homework to find the best price. But it's worth every penny. You can find magazines that will hold far more than 30 rounds. I know they've got 50 and by now probably 100 round drum magazines. There just isn't anything that you can't find for this rifle. Ruger has really prospered from this rifles introduction. It's one of those rifles that should be in the gunsafe of every shooter out there!

tigwelder56

Postby Powder_Burns » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:52 pm

The honda civic of .22lr rifles. And i mean that in a good way..
Powder_Burns

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:07 pm

Absolutely! I would've said the Toyota of 22's but your point is well made. And for those people that don't like foreign cars, be advised that more Honda's, and Toyota's are made in the United States than Ford's and Chevrolet's! The Big 3 has outsourced most of the American car manufacturing to foreign countries! The 10/22 is hands down one of the best, most reliable .22 LR rifles ever made. I wish I had bought stock in that company when they introduced that rifle to the world!

tigwelder56

Postby dirk911 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:13 pm

I am a toyota man for life!

230,000 miles on my 96 celica and the second owner still has her runnin.
dirk911

Next

Return to Rifles