>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Where to buy a 10/22 receiver and trigger assmebly

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Where to buy a 10/22 receiver and trigger assmebly

Postby Kristian » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:26 am

I am getting ready to buy another Ruger 10/22 to modify, but I am wondering with all the mods out there can't I build a modified Ruger 10-22 with out, well, buying it? I feel a little bad about buying a gun that I am going to immediately replace the barrel, stock and most of the trigger assembly to be left with the receiver? Is there a vendor of quality parts (that don't cost a fortune) so that I can build a tack driver from the get go without scrapping parts? I'm certain I can find a trigger assembly I will like but finding a receiver assembly under $200 has been a challenge. Any advice to steer me in the right direction? Thanks folks. Happy shooting.
Kristian

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Try out the Volquartsen site, they have pretty much everything you need to build your own "tack driver". You can buy just the receiver from them for around $300, but I am pretty sure you still have to get it sent to a FFL dealer. The receiver is at the bottom of the page so just scroll down. They are also a lot of other nice things on this page as well.

Hope this helps...

https://www.volquartsen.com/category/16-action-trigger-components/10-1022-lr-action
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Return to Rifles