>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Charles Daly Field Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby stkshooter » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 am

I purchased 20 ga auto 4 yrs. ago and have since fired 1000+ rds. with no problems. Have only cleaned a few times when action starts to stick after hundreds of rounds and dirt/sand causes problems and then it works like new again. I lay this gun in the dirt / sand and drag it thru the brush, I don't baby it. I own many other shotguns and have shot many others. I love this shotgun and enjoy shooting it over many that cost 5 times as much. I am getting ready to buy the same gun in 12 ga. and maybe a back up 20 ga. so after I wear my first one out I don't have to worry about finding another.

If your having problems with this shotgun, try cleaning it and spraying oil every where you can. Then work the action 50 times to make sure everything is lubed. Now go have fun. If your having problems ejecting shells, check the O ring to make sure your not loosing pressure. Oh, let me guess. You didn't know there was an O ring.

I've shot this gun too many times for it to have manufacturer issues, if they had problems something would have developed by now.

good luck and for the price you have nothing to loose.
stkshooter

Postby stkshooter » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 am

stkshooter

Postby kydrifter » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Guy's I have a 20ga Field hunter and it hasn't had 5 Boxes of ammo shot through it and the Bolt Locking Lug has broken, does anyone know where I can find one?

This Gun has been taken care of and hasn't been abused! Not reliable like my Remingtos, Winchesters or Mossberg
kydrifter

Postby Ronzo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:37 pm

I got one of these when I bought a boat and guy needed extra money so he threw it in for 150 bucks. I called it a bonus and decided to put it through it's paces. I have shot sabot slugs/00buck/lead slugs....(no choke ) I then turned around and was busting clays........THIS SHOTGUN IS A GOOD VALUE.....When I got it I had never heard of a Charles Daily shotgun....It felt light and cheap in my hands but...I am SOLD! Great shotgun for an entry level hunter..deer/turkey and birds...how can you ask for anything more for the price?
Ronzo

Postby FryGuy011 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:16 am

What's the max # of rounds any of you have fired out of this gun before you started having any serious malfunctions?
FryGuy011

Postby dirty02 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:48 pm

I went out a few yearsback and bought 2 Charles Daly 3 1/2 field mags.. WOW what a waste of money.. I put 200 rounds thru my black on and the O rings blew out and couldnt find replacemants.. So took out My Camo one the first day of Duck season and the Ejector pin broke after 4 rounds thru it.. never been fired before !! Now CD is out of business cant get replacement parts and are now PAPER WEIGHTS !!
dirty02

Postby FryGuy011 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:03 am

Guess that means it's a no buy. I found a better deal anyway on a maverick 88 for $180.
FryGuy011

Postby jerbar » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 am

I have 2 CD and they have been pretty good up until here recently. I have about 400 rounds through it and today I was hunting ducks and all I could do was watch my buddies shoot. My 12 ga. would misfire and just barely hit the primer. It started this 2 years ago and now won't shoot at all. And I just tore it down and cleaned it. I wouldn't buy another just because they are out of business and can't get parts. So good luck to all that have one. Sounds like we are screwed.
jerbar

Postby stkshooter » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:16 am

some of these guns were made by diff. manufactuer. go to charles daily website and info. can be found if you look hard enough. I posted it so I know it is there. find out who made yours and buy parts accordingly. New England Firearms were made by the same place as my CD.
stkshooter

Postby John_Doe » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:08 pm

I have the all weather field tactical model. Light and compact compared to my mossberg maverick 88. Mine will hold five 2 3/4 shells in the tube and one in the chamber. Shoots low recoil 00 buck well. Seems to be a well made gun. Accessories are not readily available.
John_Doe

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns