>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Stoeger Model 2000 Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby Geebees12 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:54 pm

I purchased a 2000 for waterfowl hunting and occasionally trap or skeet. I tested it at the range right when I purchased it and it shot great and consistently. I just recently got into competitive trap and skeet so my 2000 has been thoroughly tested. To date I have put about 4,500 rounds through it. About two weeks ago the gun jammed during a competition, my third shot. I thought it was a bad shell but it was fine. It was the same ammo I always use. I clean my guns immaculately so I was a little surprised at the jam. But these things happen. During the competition it happened again. I stripped the entire gun down and gave it a good cleaning. It happened again. I took it to my gunsmith and neither of us could find anything wrong with it. We cleaned it yet again and the next day it was fine. A few days after that I had three more jams. Today while shooting my 2000 jammed every shot. I contacted Stoeger and though she said it was VERY rare the receptionist told me it has happened. She also said that they could replace it. Basically, you get what you pay for. Most competitive shooters don't use Stoegers and your average hunter will not put 4,500 rounds through a shotgun for quite a few years. I bought it new for $500 and for the money I am very satisfied. For frequent shooting I would not recommend but for your typical hunter on a budget it is a great gun. Happy shooting.
Geebees12

Postby wilsokol » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:16 pm

i jsut got a stoeger and i dont like the big beed is the benelli have the same screw in beed as the stoeger if you no please let me no.
wilsokol

Postby jon31x » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 pm

i bought mine new about 4 years ago, took it apart and cleand it before taking it out and i had alot of jams. about 1 of 5 would jam. but i keept working it, now i have about a million rounds through it. great for chucker and duck hunting had a few issues with it reloading in the extreme cold but that must have been the cold weather
jon31x

Postby aroundthehouse » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:10 am

i have owned my stoger for about 3 years now. i use it mostly for deer and duck hunting. I prefer this gun over any gun i have in my gun case. i have probably fired anywhere for 3 to 4000 shots through my gun with few problems. when i first got the gun it did have problems with jamin and not cycling the new shell.. me and the gun smith couldn't find any problems so we sent it back to benelli. they replaced the action bars and since then have preformed to top standerd
aroundthehouse

Postby ACPGUY » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:50 pm

I just recently bought this shotgun. So far it seems good. No problems with it, accurate and reliable. Does anyone know if you can get a short barrel for it?
ACPGUY

Previous

Return to Shotguns