>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Revolvers

Charter Arms Mag Pug Reviews

Classic design and rock-solid reliability. Discuss everything from a vintage Cowboy-action to a snub-nose .38 special.

Postby MagnumAl » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:59 am

Mine was a lemon. Every gun manufacturer has them, and so do car manufacturers too. I have had mine replaced and it works great. I carry it for personal protection; there is no higher rank (in my book) you can give a gun than calling it your personal protection weapon.

As for the 44, i believe there is a thread on it under the general category of charter arms.
MagnumAl

Postby gunnutz » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:24 pm

I carry my Bulldog 44 in "winter" Summer here is mostly shohts and light shirt, so I carry my Seecamp or Kel-Tec in pocket holsters. I have had zero problems with my 44. The Pug went back again couple of weeks ago. # rd. time for this gun the original went in 3x. I'm hopeful...............
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:25 pm

well magnum, got myPug back from the factory Friday. This is my replacement gun for the original which I purchased last October, that gun went back 3X, and Ashely Ecker arranged for me to have a replacement. That went back 3X, this is the return of the third trip to the factory. I fired 50 rounds of Steller & Belot fast as I could load them. Double taps, rapid fire, single and double action. Surprise! The gun shot perfectly, just as I had always hoped. Maybe the same person that fixed yours, fixed mine this time. Tuesday I plan on shooting 150 or 200 rounds, hope the gun stays true............gun
gunnutz

Postby MagnumAl » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:07 pm

Glad to hear it gun. Mine still shoots sweet, and its a perfect carry piece. Enjoy!
MagnumAl

Postby gunnutz » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Thanks Magnum, I'll report back after I shove 150 more rounds through it...........gun
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:42 am

never made it that far. With a total of 125 rounds fired the cylinder locked 3 times. I brought it home, cleaned it and today put it up for sale. Between 2 guns, 7 attempts to have it repaire correctly, I can not understand how a companey that makes the gun can fail to be able to repair it. I'm patient and liked how the gun fired when it did, but enough is enough. You are one lucky guy Magnum, this has been a one year process for me, the factory had the gun more than I did!
gunnutz

Postby MagnumAl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:49 am

Bummer Gunnuts, sorry to hear it. Its strange how this gun malfunctions- I mean really bizarre. Mine was a frame issue, of all bloody things, a frame! I am just happy you discovered there was a problem before carrying it, or going for it in an emergency.

Hopefully you will make your money back. But I love mine!
MagnumAl

Postby gunnutz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:58 am

I will be out a couple of hundred bucks when the dust clears Magnum, but no sense beatin a dead horse! Bought a Taurus "Judge". What fire power! today I fired 50 colt 45's, 20 #4 bird shot and 5 slugs.............what a trip! Guy next to be about dropped his gun when I let go with 5 slugs! It kicks less than my commander, realy somthing. if you can get your hands on one give it a try..................gun
gunnutz

Postby MagnumAl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:30 pm

Taurus pistols are not allowed in the Republik Of Massachusettes. However, I think you should send back th magpug 1 more time and demand a replacement. Maybe the inspector the day your gun (and my old one)was made was drunk or something. I bet our serial numbers are very close in #.

My new one is still kick ass. Good luck. Enjoy your new gun too, sounds like a sight to behold!
MagnumAl

Postby gunnutz » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:02 pm

I gave up Magnum, sold the pug. I did get a new gun after the original had gone back 3x, the new one went back 4x! Thats a total of 7x to try to get a gun that works. I started to colect H&R and Iver Johnson revolvers. They are interesting guns, reasonably priced, part of the historic "gun valley", and they work! I have a 25 year old "brand New" model 949 case hardened 9 shot that shoots as good as my Ruger single six. I don't know where it was hiding all these years, it came in the original box, with wraper and all the paper work. The "Judge" is a trip to shoot! I just bought 50 rounds of 00 buck shot. I'll see how it works. gun
gunnutz

PreviousNext

Return to Revolvers