>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Revolvers

Ruger SP-101 Reviews

Classic design and rock-solid reliability. Discuss everything from a vintage Cowboy-action to a snub-nose .38 special.

Postby roncodrummer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 pm

I would do anything to protect my family's hearing. I've been a professional musician for 36 years and my ears aren't what they used to be. However, if it comes down to protecting their hearing or protecting their LIVES, I'll blast away with a .357 magnum. I personally use a 9mm with self-defense loads designed for urban use, mainly because I don't want the rounds to go any further than the inside of whoever is attacking. But I gotta tell ya, I'm thinking even the 9mm would be ungodly loud!!!
roncodrummer

Postby The_Sarge » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Everyone got off on a tangent from the first question of the day from "bulletproofvest". Is the SP101 a good gun for his aunt. It really depends on how good her grip and trigger finger strength is. The double action trigger pull can be over 6 pounds of pull. You need to see how strong she is. But the SP101 is also a single action that she can pull the hammer back and shoot with less trigger pull. Again, you can also look into the Ruger LCR that is a double action only but a lot lighter.
The_Sarge

Re: Ruger SP-101 Reviews

Postby flex4pj » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 pm

I have probably put 2500 plus rounds thru mine, both 38 & 357 all different grain sizes. I have never had one single failure. I love this gun.
flex4pj

Previous

Return to Revolvers