>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Revolvers

Taurus 905 Reviews

Classic design and rock-solid reliability. Discuss everything from a vintage Cowboy-action to a snub-nose .38 special.

Taurus 905 Reviews

Postby fcolins357 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:26 am

I bought this gun not too long ago and have taken it to the range twice now. I absolutely loved the idea of the 9 mm in a revolver, AND in a small frame which was perfect for CC. Now the bad news, there was some kind of burr on the inside of the muzzle which required attention. I'm not a gunsmith but I did the best I could and got the worst of it off. I got to the range and tried it out. It appeared to me that the gun was shooting a little high and right. It is possible that it was operator induced error (me) or it could have been the muzzle thing. Since it is a stubby, the accuracy is a little suspicious anyway. Still, I like this little guy. The felt recoil was acceptable. Nothing worse than say on a .357 Sig medium frame. The worst aspect about the whole thing are the moon clips. They stink! It sucks when you fire off 5 rounds and then spend 5 minutes re-loading the stupid little thing! The clips do not retain the rounds very well. I'm going to try to pry the mouths of the clips a little more to help grab the round better. I used the plural because Taurus sent about 4 extra clips in the box. I'm still experimenting on how to improve the usability for this weapon. The gun itself isn't bad, except for the muzzle thing! So, I'm giving this weapon a 3 overall.
fcolins357

Postby chrislind2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

I am trying to get the local gun shop to get one of these. So far they say no one makes a 9mm revolver any more. They said they will call Taurus.

I once owned a Ruger SP101 9mm and regret selling it. The only Rugers around are 6-7 hundred dollars! So this Taurus looks like it might fit my needs. Don't like the moon clip thing myself, but I guess I could live with it.
chrislind2

Return to Revolvers