>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Revolvers

Fed. American Eagle Amoo

Classic design and rock-solid reliability. Discuss everything from a vintage Cowboy-action to a snub-nose .38 special.

Fed. American Eagle Amoo

Postby lpk754 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm

I have a Taurus 327 mag. the American Eagle Ammo stick in the cylinder after fireing, but the Federal Hydra-Shok does not

what can I do. Thanks Len
lpk754

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Does this occur when the gun is clean or only after it's dirty? Fouling can cause this problem and if the American Eagle ammo is dirtier than the Hydra Shok, that could be the difference. I have shot plenty of AE ammo and like it for practice ammunition. I believe the Hydra Shok comes in nickle cases, which is designed to ease chambering and ejection. Could be your pistol is new and it will break in with use and this issue will get better. I'd try a few other brands and see what happens. One thing I do want to warn you about is over lubricating the cylinder. Don't do it! Chambers shouldn't be overly lubricated because the oil can contaminate the powder or primers easily. When you do lubricate it, make sure you run a dry patch through it to remove excess oil. This really isn't an unusual problem. Some cases will just fall out but most of the time you'll have to use the case ejector. If the problem is more serious than that, take it to a gunsmith for his opinion.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Revolvers