>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms Mosquito Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Sig Arms Mosquito Reviews

Postby MADMIKE » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:16 pm

Just purchased the Mosquito & I love it!!

A blast to shoot - accurate, dependable ( 1400 rounds - no jams, ftfs)

Sig quality at a very reasonable price!

The best part is the kids can shoot all day for $20.00!

They enjoy the accuracy -avg groups are 1 at 25 yards. They can skip cans across the ground, punch out clay birds set in bushes, or load up with CCI stingers and hunt bunnies!

I have begun teaching some youngsters pistolcraft and they really take to the SIG.

I think they enjoy the fact that it is essentially the same gun they see on TV and in movies. Being a rimfire, it doesnt recoil enough or have a loud report to frighten beginners.

I can recommend this pistol to anyone interested in a high quality rimfire for yourself or for the kids!

You get what you pay for! Spend a $100 more than the other guy and truly enjoy shooting a .22!
MADMIKE

Postby sliperywhenwet » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:55 am

awesome awesome little hand gun a lot of fun and just a little dearer than an average quality one!! Im with MADMIKE spend a little more and enjoy!!
sliperywhenwet

Postby marlin » Sat May 20, 2006 12:52 pm

I purchased a new Mosquito. The size and features it has are great, however the gun misfired and jammed 50% to 70% of the time. Ive tried 8 different types of bullets, high-velocity, 40 and 36 grain, regular 22LR, still no luck. I returned the gun and the factory sent me another new gun. It still shot the same. This is the worst guns Ive ever shot and Ill never buy or recommend a SIG SAUER. I bought a RUGER MKII and a MKIII and had ZERO PROBLEMS. Im sticking with RUGER and HK.
marlin

Postby mjp1281 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:29 pm

Bought my wife this gun so she would have something to shoot besides my Sig 226/.40 and Sig228/9MM, and the first outing was less than spectacular-so many misfires and FTEs, that I sent the gun back to Sig.

After a month of waiting, they replied that the gun in question was being replaced. The first generation of this product had some faults and Sig obviously had a solution, since the new unit has done nicely on the same ammo the old one refused to fire (CCI MiniMags). 200 rounds since I got it back and not a problem whatsoever.

"To Hell And Back Reliability"" is back in the advertising (around this house) and Im proud to own 3 Sig-Sauer hand guns.
mjp1281

Postby jinjy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:41 pm

Terrible time with Mosquito! First of all ,it will only fire Thunderbolt ammo, nothing else. Next, The barrel fouled up with melted lead and was not cleanable. Rounds get stuck in the chamber. I sent it back to Sig and they told me they will replace it. I have been waiting since May. It is July now and Sig does not even call to say what is going on. I think their customer service stinks.
jinjy

Postby phestus » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:50 pm

i just got my mosquito; i waited till they figured out the reliability issues; ive shot minimags thru mine and zero problems either feeding or ejecting; the gun feels great and points and shots nicely; my advice is stick to the minimags and go terroize some tin cans!
phestus

Postby Cy1982 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:18 pm

I bought my Mosquito about 2 weeks ago and hated it until the 300th round shot through it. It kept jamming on me until it finally broke in. Ive shot about 600 rounds through it after the 300th round and it hasnt jammed once. I love it now and the best part is, the ammo cost almost nothing. a brick of 550 rounds cost less than 9 bucks. Great beginner gun. Its the gun I shoot the most.
Cy1982

Postby Boxer23 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:16 am

Had problems from round 1 with jams and misfires.Sig recieved the gun on March 30th 2006 and I was told it was going to be replaced, As of Sept 26 I still havent recieved a replacement or even a call from Sig.I have called and written and still nothing.
Boxer23

Postby phestus » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:07 pm

just had my first ammo issue; shot the aguilahypervelosicty and had two failure to fire in ten rounds; but they group really nice; so far the minimags are working great; i thinkl it would be helpful if people included the type of ammo they were shooting when they had problems; even tho this is a great gun i do believe it is ammo sensitive
phestus

Postby jinjy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:22 pm

Ok...Sig sent me a replacement after 3 months and made good by sending me a few extra magazines and a sig swiss army knife. I read another post that suggested mini mags so I gave them a try. CCI mini mags are the ammunition for this pistol. The ammo you use is the key to enjoying this gun. I found that the thunderbolts cycled well enough, but they left the barrel a mess..stay away from them only use copper jacketed ammo. not a single problem with the mini mags. Once you settle on a good .22 round this gun becomes a pleasure to own and shoot!
jinjy

Next

Return to Pistols