>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P232 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby express9980 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:09 am

hello I am new to handguns and want a gun for home defense and to take to the range with my wife who is very small. this gun was recomended cause of her size however Im a little concearned with the round copasity of this gun in a clutch situation is 8 rounds enough for someone who has not shot very much. im also considering the springfield xd 9 mm but the triger safety if your in a life and death situation and cant get a good grip then what. Do you guys have any recomendations for my situation?
express9980

Postby agonist » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Sigs are terrific. What I would suggest is bringing her to the shop to handle a few. One issue she might have is the recoil of a round sufficient for reliable defense. A good fit in the hand is critical in this situation. If the range has rentals its always a good idea too try a few things also. You may also decide that she needs her own gun if what fits her doesnt feel right to you. You could always pick up an inexpesive shotgun for the house. Nothing repels home invaders like the sound of a pump action working and an exclaimation of I HAVE A SHOTGUN! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE OR I WILL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!!
agonist

Postby LaurenRenee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 am

hey express...in regards to your post, i am also a small female and reciently got this gun as a gift. I also am new to handguns and i found the sig p232 to be very comfortable. as far as round capacity goes i guess the best thing to do is just getting expierence with the gun and shooting. I had never shot a hand gun before but now that i have been going to the range on a regular basis for the past few months i feel very confident with 7 rounds or less. the gun has a mild kick and for someone who is small, its noticably less than a true 9mm...which is one reason i like this gun so much. I agree that going and renting would probably be the best bet so that your wife can find something that just feels right in her hands. I do highly recomend this gun though and think its defenatly worth trying out.
LaurenRenee

Postby looey2 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:08 pm

I bought a new P232 in stainless a few months ago. So far, I've put more than 350 rounds through it without any problems. No misfeeds or failure of any type. I buy my ammo at the range where there seems a be a different brand each time I buy. I believe the gun weighs in at 23 oz. I carry it in a pocket holster w/o discomfort.

This is a nice gun. The machining and assembly are excellent as is the accuracy. I have no regrets and would recommend it to anybody as a CCW in .380 ACP.
looey2

Postby gspspinone » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:29 pm

I just traded a P232 stainless, jammed every other clip or so and bit me hand almost as bad as a PPK, My blood was running down the slide! Seemed well made but the jamming was a concern, with three different ammo's as well. My hands aren't that big and it bit me hard, the only way it didn;twas ifIcurled my thumb way down the grip and that was too uncomfortable and hurt accuracy. I was really disappointed in the performance of a Sig firearm.
gspspinone

Postby camper » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:52 pm

The 232 is a very good pistol. I have the blued version w/NS and I wouldn't hesitate to CC this pistol. Usually carry a PM9 or Mustang. Come winter, will carry the 232.
camper

Postby gspspinone » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:57 pm

fisheaglea16,

I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING HANDGUNS FOR OVER 20 YEARS, I'M AN NRA CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR AND CARRY A SIDE ARM FOR A PROFESSION--CERTAINLY NOT INEXPERIENCED. THE P232 I HAD JAMMED EVERY 6-7 SHELLS, AND NOT STOVE PIPES BUT FAILURE TO FEEDS, IF YOU GET STOVE PIPES BY LIMP WRISTING AND USE THE P232 FOR CC THEN I WOULD FIND ANOTHER GUN, THE PRESSURE PACKED AND INTENSE SITUATION IN WHICH YOU WILL DEPLOY (HOPEFULLY NEVER) YOUR P232 WILL LEAD TO A RUSHED SHOT AND OFTEN POOR GRIP--PERFECT FOR CREATING A LIMP WRIST SITUATION. WHILE IT IS A WELL MADE AND CONCEALABLE WEAPON, IMO A KAHR MK9, 40 OR K9,40 IS BETTER SUITED TO THE ROLE OF CC AND EITHER PACK A LOT MORE WALLOP.
gspspinone

Postby brucehil » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:32 pm

I have had my sig 232 ss with night sights for about 6 months. I bought this gun for my personal carry weapon. It shoots smooth, dead on accurate and is easy to conceal. I use a unique in the pants holster that holds my cell phone on the top, the gun hangs inside my pants behind my pocket, very cool setup. You can wear it in the summer with shorts and conceal your carry gun! Anyway, had some minor jam issues with the first 100 rounds shot but now that I have shot almost 500 rounds through the gun, never a Jam since! Great Gun, a joy to shot.
brucehil

Postby brucehil » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 pm

I have had several people wanting to know about the holster I spoke of in my review. This is a new concept is holsters as far as I can tell. I bought it at a gun show in Michigan from the designer. His name is Sam Gray and you can order one by call 877-363-9997. The holster is designed to carry in the front of your pants on your weak side. The holster is all quality leather (brown) with a black leather cell phone holder attached to the top. So we you see me with my carry gun in place, you only see my cell phone attached at what you think will be my belt. The gun hangs inside your pants behind your pocket. It folds flat against your leg when you sit down at the office or in your car. Just tug up on the cell phone holder and out pops the handle of your P232 ready to draw! Super nice set up, cant tell its there, very cool!
brucehil

Postby jbern » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm

First Pistol Purchase:

I'm going back and forth between the P232 and the P229. I would be using the pistol for numerous purposes: target shooting, home protection, cc, etc. Any suggestions???
jbern

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols