>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P232 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby specshipx » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:05 am

I have a Sig p232 SL, all stainless. It's like having the most beautiful girl at the ball. Sure, she doesn't have the knockdown power of a 45 or even a 40 SW, but who cares? This gun is like a beautiful Swiss- German beauty, like a Rolex from Zurich. If you really believe you might be in a gunfight with foreign agents and need a 20 round Glock, this is not your gun.
specshipx

Postby TBL » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:27 pm

I own two p232sl's the serial numbers are are consecutive which means they were made on the same day side by side. I can't run a full mag through either of them without jamming. I'm a cop and i purchased them to carry as backup and off duty, but i don't trust the gun. Have alway been a Sig fan, but this gun is crap. I think it may be an issue with the mags, but not sure? Gonna call Sig tomorrow and see what they say.

Anybody know anything about this issue??
TBL

Postby rotbaron » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:47 pm

A P232 will not function with anything less than premium ammo. I suggest trying a mag full of Federal HydraShock. Also the firearm will not tolerate a loose grip. You have to hold it like you have a rattlesnake by the neck. Last you may want to check to make sure the recoil spring is not reversed. Large end goes to the muzzle.
rotbaron

Postby TBL » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm using Speer LE Gold Dot duty ammo which is what my agency issues and requires me to carry. I checked to verify the springs and the large end is toward the muzzle.

the ammo seems to catch when I chamber a round. It's catching on the ramp

I'll buy some Hydro Shock and see what happens
TBL

Postby rotbaron » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:37 pm

I have had success with Gold Dot. Also try ball to see if it is a ramp issue. I have 4 mags and all perform flawlessly. LEO's don't tend to limp wrist so eliminating an ammo issue or ramp problem I would then look into the mag aglinment into the well (perhaps something is keeping the mags from fully seating) as it sounds like the top round might be sitting too low to go into battery smoothly.
rotbaron

Postby dhisrael » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:47 am

I hear folks speaking of having ammo problems. I had similar problems with certain rounds not feeding properly so I called Sig. They sent me new mags and fixed the problem. Seems there were some Sig magazines with a detent in the distal feed just below the next round...this was not to specs. The newer mags work perfectly. Who wants a gun that jams? Sigs are known as excellent pistols and they do back-up their product. There were no charges and two day turn-around.
dhisrael

Previous

Return to Pistols