>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P232 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby spinout » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:43 am

just picked one up a week or so ago and was able to put 100rounds through it over the weekend. i'm very pleased with the accuracy of this thing. the big bright white dots make sight aquisition very easy...with a little practice you should be able to shoot w/ both eyes open. i agree with an earlier post about the magazine release not being in a user friendly place, you must use 2 hands and pay attention to what you're doing to change one out. this is the first pistol i've used w/ a decocker, so for me i'd rather have a slide release instead and a magazine release in the more traditional place. but, those are my only complaints. i took it apart to clean and lube before taking it out....no issues at all (other than finding ammo). this is going to be a cc pistol for me, it should work just fine....it's slim for inside waistband, but still big enough for me to grab ahold of, something the lcp/kel-tec didn't offer. i'd really like a bigger caliber in this size pistol and i'd like a few more rounds, but i got a high quality pistol that still shoots a deadly round....so far i really like this thing.
spinout

Postby LasttoDraw » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:37 pm

I have the P230 model...essentially the same, but an earlier version. I CAN'T HIT CRAP WITH THIS GUN.

Does it look cool, yes. Is it tiny, yes. Is it a Sig, yes. Can I hit targets with it, no. Do I have the option to carry it, yes. Do I carry it, no.

What brands can I hit with and do I carry, Glock, CZ, Springfield, Walther and Ruger...(in that order).
LasttoDraw

Postby 5150fordfan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:21 am

Lasttodraw the P232 in an excellent weapon. I would say much improved over the P230. I have the P232 in SS and love it.
5150fordfan

Postby gunnutz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 pm

I bought a sad 232 at a gun show recently. Someone had painted the slide with black paint! After soaking the slide in Acetone, scrubing it with a bronze brush and 0000 steel wool, I found it was stainless. I sent it to Sig last week, they will deep clean, replace springs and refinish the slide for 200 bucks. On order are a set of checkered walnut grips from grips4u. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like. The customer rep said the turn around time is 10 to 12 days.
gunnutz

Postby shooterdc9 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:47 am

Gunnutz, sounds like you'll have more money into it then you bargined for BUT, once you get it cleaned and set up by Sig, you'll love it. It'll be well worth your investment.
shooterdc9

Postby gunnutz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:04 pm

I'll have a $700.00 gun for about 450, not bad, no mater what they look like a Sig is sill a Sig! I have a 225, 226, 239 sas, a Granit series TT 1911 and a Mosquito. The 232 is a nice addition, I havn't seen many around. Can't go wrong with Sigs and Colts. I also have a Sig .22 LR conversion for my 226. Hand fit by a Sig armor, the people at Sig are great to work with.
gunnutz

Postby Hay2bale » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 pm

I have had a new Sig 232 for about 9 months. Have never had ANY problem with FTF or FTE, or anything else for that matter. It has the black slide and nite sights and sits next to my bed, where the sights glow at me at night.

This was the first pistol I had bought for 15 years. The last one was a stainless Colt .380 Mark IV, which is a great size but the sights are totally worthless.

I always liked the looks of the Walther PPK. The Sig has the looks, and it has been made like a fine watch. Just slick. I like the fact that the Sig has no safety, unlike the Walther. The decocker lets the hammer down nice and gently. The hammer is recessed and will not snag. And with no safety, I know the gun will shoot when I pull the trigger, no matter how freaked I am in the middle of the night.

I bought the Sig 232 for concealed carry, it's nice and light, but it has a thick grip, even though it is a single stack magazine. And the magazine finger rest wants to catch on my shirt. It is a nice size to shoot, comfortable grip, and the sights are great. I can hit the target pretty well - much more so than the Colt. At close, indoor defense range, I should hit what I want.

Much has been written about whether the .380 ACP is an adequate self defense round. I think that with today's +P hollow points, this .380 deserves respect. But consider the noise. I think if I shot my .40 S&W inside the house, I might well permanently damage my hearing. Probably not with the .380.

I still have my grandfather's Colt 1908 in .380. It has protected 3 generations, but has never been fired for defense. I hope it stays that way. It is in the desk drawer of my wife's office upstairs, where it makes her comforted. But she keeps casting glances at the Sig 232.
Hay2bale

Postby 5shot » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:40 am

I just traded mine for a Taurus 140 pro. The Sig is a great gun. Shoots great, looks great, works great, BUT... the slide will bit you if you have avg to large hands. I wish it would have worked out. On a good note the little Taurus rocks. Good luck and God Bless America!
5shot

Postby SmithkoWitz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 am

Have had my P232 Nitron finish w/NS for about 9 months. It's not made in the USA, and it's no where near as reliable as any of the 5 S&W handguns I own. It is a great feeling gun in your hand with the Hogue grips. Nice weight, great CC size, but mine misfires just about every magazine at least once if not more. No feed issues with any brand of JHP and I've shot about 5 different brands. Accuracy is reasonable for a small barreled gun. Ammo brand certainly makes a difference. Don't know if it's a bad firing pin, but I suspect it's not the ammo; shoot the same ammo in my Ruger LCP and have no issues with misfires. For the money this weapon is overpriced, but it is nicely balanced and just feels like it belongs in your hand; that's what really sold me on it; even though it is made in Germany.
SmithkoWitz

Postby S&W910 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Last i have large hands and can still fire the weapon you speack of, the problem is with it raking the back of the nuckle and the magazines and jamming.
S&W910

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols