>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P239 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby coffeeman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 pm

B-fairy try the galco summer comfort- i think you may like it :) it is available now and was sold out the past two summers
coffeeman

Postby girphoto » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:19 pm

just another thought for IWB carry is the High Noon Holster ( www.highnoonholsters.com ) called the Down Under (comes with clip or interchangeable belt loop). It is rough side out (grips better) but the main attraction is that it come with a body guard (shield) that little extra makes for a comfortable carry especially in the hot weather. The cost is about $85.00 and shipping is about 2 weeks. I had them make me a holster before that I needed (wanted) right away and they have a small charge for rush items.

Look them up on the internet, they also have IWB in black ready to ship the next day.

Hope this Helps

Happy Shooting
girphoto

Postby girphoto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:34 pm

hello to all

Went back to the range yesterday, same 239 and same 3 mag's, changed my grip a little and had no problem with the slide staying open.

I also used the same ammo at the range.

Thanks to all that helped with their ideas.

Happy Shooting

Gary
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:08 pm

griphoto...you changed your grip, as in hand placement? I'm glad all is well again. Thanks for the follow-up.
cdbruster

Postby coffeeman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Awesome! happy shooting girphoto :)
coffeeman

Postby bleading_fairy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks for all the holster recommendations :) I ordered the super-tuck by crossbreed today. I'm loving my new gun!! :)
bleading_fairy

Postby cdbruster » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:34 am

bleeding_fairy... Awesome choice! I have a the super tuck for both my 239 and 229. They are very comfortable and the days of my pistol trying to de-pants me are over. Did you get cow hide or horse hide? With or without combat cut? Let us know what you think after a couple weeks of use.
cdbruster

Postby girphoto » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Hello to all,

Just ordered a new holster for my 239 (Black Ops Pro) from: http://purekustomholsters.com

Take a look when you get a chance, his work is Awesome!

This rig gives you the option of IWB or OWB. Almost 27 different positions.

Cost is low for the type of holster you are getting.

I also have coming AN IWB from Andrews leather (McDannials) to try out. I almost never carry IWb due to the heat and humidity in southern Florida, but I am looking for a holster that I can change off with when the temperature goes up / the rains come.

Will report back and will send an update photo.

I have alos gone to gloss black aluminum grips from Hague for my 239.

photo should be posted later in the day.

Happy shooting
girphoto

Postby ccfarmer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:06 pm

I just bought a new Sig Arms 229. Very solid and tight gun. I am not as accurate with it as my Glock 23 but it's an excellent pistol and I would highly recommend it.
ccfarmer

Postby girphoto » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:40 am

Welcome ccfarmer,

It is always nice to have an additional member of the Sig 239 group. I assume that since you posted here that the listing of the 229 was an error, either way, nice to have an additional SIg member. If I amy ask what caliber is your Sig and do you plan to carry? OWB?IWB?

Just like to keep up on what other Sig folks are doing.

Enjoy you new Sig!

Happy Shooting
girphoto

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols