>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P239 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby ccfarmer » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:08 pm

I apologize--due to a typo I listed my comments as a P239. If it can be moved to the P229 page-please feel free to move the comments. In fact, I was commenting on a P229. It is a .40 SW and I have carried it. Heavier than my other carry guns so it may end up as a night stand gun. I do like the P239 since I like 9 MM for concealed carry and the lesser weight of this model.
ccfarmer

Postby bleading_fairy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:30 pm

How accurate where the first few boxes through you new sigs? I feel like the sights need to be aligned. Usually I do pretty close grouping of my shots, but most went low and a slightly wider grouping. Any recommendations? Or does it just need to "break in?" BTW I like the holster(supertuck) I got; the gun fits snug/securely in there, but the gun really isn't concealable on my body.
bleading_fairy

Postby cdbruster » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:02 pm

b_f... My 239 has been incredibly accurate ever since the day I bought it. For example, I have a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips on it. I sighted in the laser grips with the pistol in a machine rest at 25 yards. Once sighted in and still in the machine rest, I fired 7 rounds (had to reset the rest after each shot of course) I had a nickel-sized group at 25 yards. I was using some of my reloads with 165 gr TMJ slugs. There is a possibility you will need to push your rear sight left or right, I've had to do that a time or two on different pistols. I would see if a friend can join you at the range and critique your shooting technique. Make sure you aren't slapping the trigger, slow and steady squeeze to the rear, etc.. I've had friends diagnose some of my shooting problems because the different vantage point seems to help. Glad you like the supertuck, I know I really like mine.
cdbruster

Postby girphoto » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:43 am

Hello All

Question to the group, I am thinking of send my 239 to Sig to have a SRT installed. Does any one have any experience with this or already have it installed on their 239.

The cost sounds about right and my 239 shoots great and has shot great out of the box, but during tactical matches last week, the trigger was a little bothersome (used to my triggers on my 1911's).

Help!
girphoto

Postby scgamecock » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 am

Question-Just purchased p239,have not taken it to range yet but I HAVE A QUESTION about the decocker. I own a S & W 1911type that has a decocker, on this particular gun when the decocker is engaged the trigger is not operable. It seems that on the P239 the only purpose of the decocker it to safely decock the gun, the gun would still fire if you pull the trigger. Just wanted to know if this is how it was designed to work or if mine needs to be repaired.
scgamecock

Postby girphoto » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:03 am

Hello and welcome

your 239 is working correctly. It is a DA /SA so when you load and use the decocking you are now in DA. It is a great gun and one that I carry in a sparks VMII iwb or a purekustomholster in the owb. Also have a Don Hume for owb. That I would be willing to sell or trade (send pm if I interested ).

happy shooting
girphoto

Postby scgamecock » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks for the response!
scgamecock

Postby cbruster » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Hey all... It's cdbruster and for some reason, I cannot log into my account to post a response. In lieu of the previous, I created a new account until the issue with my original account's issue is resolved. Griphoto, I remember we discussed this around the end of January. My friend with the SRT said if he had it to do all over again, he would have the SRT installed but leave the original length trigger.
cbruster

Postby girphoto » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks I stand. Corrected. Between work and my 1911's I am. Now back to carrying my 239. I forgot tha you did answer and the gun will go to Sig on wednesday for the srt onky. Thanks again

Gary
girphoto

Postby cbruster » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm

scgamecock... As griphoto stated, the decocker takes the 239 out of SA mode and puts it in DA mode. It is functioning as it should. Congrats on the 239, they are excellent concealed carry pistols and glad you decided to join the forum
cbruster

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols