>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P229 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Sandman-Sig » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 pm

You won't be disappointed. The State Troopers in my county are actually issued the 229. The only complaints they have come from the Glock lovers. They just want their Glocks lol. Other than that they like the ease of use and dependability. Again, good luck. Also, I forgot to mention that I got my 229 for about $850 with the night sights. Which is well below the MSRP listed on their website. So don't be too sticker shocked.
Sandman-Sig

Postby emtmedic63 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:20 pm

bought the 229 enhanced elite in 40. love it, you dont even notice the larger beaver tail. I have smaller hands and it feels comfortable in my hands. the only change i made was moved the mag release to the right side to use my trigger finger since i had a harder time releasing it with my thumb due to my smaller hands. works sweet that way for me.
emtmedic63

Postby RoughNeck74 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:16 pm

I am so impress with my p229 equinox that I went and got me the p229 platinum elite (check out the pics) . Hopefully this will hold up to my expectation. Have not tried it to the range yet but Im pretty sure itll do good.

Wish me luck my friends!
RoughNeck74

Postby desktop » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Had my 229 (357 sig) out today and it still shoots like a dream. Can't beat the quality and reliability. It rides in my pickup 24/7

Desktop
desktop

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I hope you're living in a relatively crime safe area! I wouldn't want to leave a quality firearm (or otherwise) like this in my truck or car. Even if you live in a safe location, I'm always concerned that some low life puke is going to rip off my Sig and either terrorize or destroy someone's life with it. How do you secure it through the time you're away? I'm always concerned about that issue and ask what others do to secure and protect the firearms kept in their vehicles.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby desktop » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 am

Yes, we live in a very good nieghborhood but you're correct in leaving a beautiful Sig in the truck, so it will be replaced with a differant weopon.
desktop

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:59 am

Good choice! Regardless of what you decide to keep in your vehicle, try to put some sort of built in delay into your security choice. If they find a safe, they decide to carry it away, then they find out that it's either cabled, screwed or glued that will seriously slow them down. Alot of times that's enough for them to leave it and run!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:05 am

Weapon security is a very important issue. Anyone who owns more than 1 carry gun really should have a safe that IMHO, should not be able to be easilly carried away.

Years ago I used to leave Pistols in scattered areas around my home for defense, but always felt uneasy. If the home isn't broken into, any weapon can be taken and gone for who knows how long until it's noticed?? Then besides how I'd feel, also your ass is in a sling as well if someone uses it.

You can purchase a used safe relatively cheaply compared to what you might lose in a robbery.

I personally don't believe in leaving anything of value, and especially a weapon inside an unoccupied vehicle.
Gloc9mm

Postby SW-Insured » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 am

Gloc9mm: Certainly weapon security is an important issue. Your post implies that you keep all of your guns in a safe and have no home defense gun immediately accessible. Several questions come to mind, such as:

When intruders crash through the back door of your home one afternoon, will your wife, from every room, have an unobstructed path to the safe? How many seconds elapse before she can retrieve a gun from the safe and make it ready to fire? Intruders will wait while she opens the safe, then shoot her. While running to the safe, are there children left defenseless? Substitute you and your wife in the last question. If, during the night, you are surprised by intruders/burglars making their way toward your bedroom, can you arm yourself within 2 seconds?

Obviously, there are many other possible scenarios where not having quick access to a home defense weapon will leave you or your wife, or others defenseless. A guard dog is not a reliable defense.
SW-Insured

Postby snke_doctr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 pm

SW-Insured;

You say a guard dog is NOT a reliable defense - I'd like at least one of my 4 dogs to be trained that way, but I can't afford it. IMO a good guard dog would scare/shred to hell out of any perp! That being said, if anyone (human or animal) comes near my house @ night, my dogs go ape, alerting my wife & me.

If Gloc9mm doesn't mind me reading between the lines, I think he means he'd keep 1 or 2 guns readily available in case of intruders & the remaining firearms in a safe.
snke_doctr

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols