>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P226 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby mjp1281 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:04 pm

Artie-

I have two friends that own the 226 in 9mm and .40 and nothing has ever happened as you described- Heck-even MY 226 in .40 and 357sig (a factory refubished, aka CPO) has NEVER failed to eject the spent casing in any other direction than the intended (right) side.

It must be the unit that you are renting is in need of some dire attention, although I have read that, properly maintained, a Sig can fire as accurately and efficiently even after 50k rounds. This goes for the post er below, as well.

Never had one lick of problem with any of my Sigs (I own 3) with the exception of a feeding and FTF problem on the early serial number Mosquito .22, which at no cost whatsoever, replaced the pistol with a brand new unit. Fires first time,every time, now.

As far as TA4RAY, you may want to check with your dealer you bought it from-there should be no cost if its a new purchase. As far as accuracy, the 357sig is a nasty round to begin with and depending on what manufacturer supplied the ammo also depends on the accuracy. Otherwise, try a .40 barrel in it and you may see a difference. I can hit a bull @ 50 with the .40 and not hit squat with the 357 and my wifes Mosquito, but she can take that little .22 and do a world of hurt @ 25. Go figure...

Sigs need a sight pusher to adjust the front (or to change sights completely), available for a pretty good price, about a hundred bucks or so, so my advise is to check with a local gunsmith who would be willing to lend you one to adjust as neccessary.

Hope this helped!
mjp1281

Postby SIG_NZ » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Artie- You must be slack handing the pistol - if the muzzle is allowed to jump without being controlled it will kick the ejected cases back into your forehead. Try holding it a bit tighter to stop the muzzle jumping when shooting it. The slide will move back and spent cases should eject to the right and over your right shoulder. If it still does this then the extractor may need replacing, in which case you should call SIG and they will send a replacement part for you to fit or the place where you brought it from. I have had no problems with my NIB 226 9mm and i have put over 3000 rounds thru it since April this year.
SIG_NZ

Postby Artie_runs » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks for the help, guys. I also asked my father in law about it (he carries the p229 as a duty piece) and he said it probably just needs gunsmithing. As it was a rental I was just worried about getting a feel for the weapon. Ive decided that this is the best gun Ive shot and Im planning on picking one up. Ill rate it once Ive had a fair break-in period (to get a fair and accurate review) but I suspect that it will be a good one as it will be the first semi-auto Ive owned.
Artie_runs

Postby ddwyer » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:40 pm

I just picked up the P226R Tactical. Very nice gun. Its able to hit the same hole out to 15 yards with no problem. I put on Hogue grips, and Im not sure I like them. The slide tends to not lock back with the addition of the grips. Perhaps its how Im holding the gun.
ddwyer

Postby Francis » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:57 am

I bought the sig P226 .40sw 2 weeks ago, brand new $1200 Cad. (expensive!). so far i have put 300 rnds thru it. very accurate and no problem feeding or ejecting. I used remington and american eagle ammo though. I will let you guys know more if i have any problem, though i doubt it
Francis

Postby locknload » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:19 pm

Sig NZ: I think you may be on to something. Firing my first

sig (229R DA/SA), after about 150 rounds, firing one handed, caught a shell casing in the forehead! I think I was beginning to get sloppy. Last round of the day was a failure to feed. It makes sense--the limb acting like a shock absorber will affect the slide energy.
locknload

Postby locknload » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:20 pm

Sig NZ: I think you may be on to something. Firing my first

sig (229R DA/SA), after about 150 rounds, firing one handed, caught a shell casing in the forehead! I think I was beginning to get sloppy. Last round of the day was a failure to feed. It makes sense--the limb acting like a shock absorber will affect the slide energy.
locknload

Postby Sig4ever » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi All, just bought the p226R Equinox. I put about 150 rounds through it at 15yrds, winchester rounds 180gr fmj. Really nice groupings even for a beginer like myself. I also bought the Mosquito 22LR, even better groupings....prob due to less recoil. I cant wait to get back to the range.
Sig4ever

Postby Kwikstop$ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:14 pm

Hello everyone just joined up! I also just got back from the gun store where i went to purchase a springfield xd 9mm but then the gun dealer started showing me other guns. And i fell in love with the sig p226 it was quite a bit more than the springfield xd so i traded in my walther ppks 32 and gave him 300.00 boot was wondering how i did it has night sights also....Never like the ppks it always jammed!!!! This gun shoots awesome i have glocks and smiths but none are as accurate as this fire arm!!!!
Kwikstop$

Postby Sig4ever » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:00 am

See another satified costomer.....You just cant go wrong with a sig. Let us know how you like it! I bet you will be satified for years to come...let us know of any speacial tech you like to use with this firearm....

Good luck Kwikstop$
Sig4ever

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols