>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 17 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi Pa,

What did you have to spend on your AA kit? I haven't talked to anyone that has mentioned what their impression was of it. I'd appreciate it if after you get it and run it through it's paces, that you'd take a few minutes and give us a review. Something like this is a real option for us, especially since the cost of ammo has risen almost out of reach!! Thanks again!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby pakettle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi tigwelder56

My AA kit plus 1 extra mag is on order from topglock, the kit only comes with 1 mag. Total price with shipping was 296.85.

Its been on backorder since 6/25 and they are in such high demand every dealer has them backordered.

I can tell you they are great kits for the glocks, I had one for my Glock 19 a couple years ago, but like a dummy I sold the gun and the kit . I won't make that mistake again.

I will give a report when I receive this one, which I hope isn't too much longer.
pakettle

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks Pa, I look forward to your review.

Tig

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby zx10r203 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:59 am

Pakettle, I was also looking at purchasing item from topglock.com but have heard too many bad stories from shaddy business practices.

Here is a link in case you want to check it out more:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread. ... t=topglock

Hope this don't happen to you, good luck with that order!!
zx10r203

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:40 am

Wow!! That's a very alarming history to say the least...

tigwelder56

Postby kep4321 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:00 am

I looked at the AA kit for one of my Glocks but decided for what I was going to pay that I may as well just but a whole 22lr pistol. I ended up buying the Walther P22 for $319 rather than a kit to convert an existing gun for almost $300. I just didn't see that kit as worth it (for me).

By the way a few years ago I ordered a barrel from Topglock and it was backordered for two months before I finally cancelled the order. Every time I would call to check on my order it was a different story. I was never stolen from but it took me 2 months to cancel the order after too many different stories. I think that the credit card has since been canceled so I didn't have any stories about charges to my card.

I wont order from them again. I now order from www.glockparts.com and have had very good luck with every part I ordered being correct and being delivered as quickly as I could expect.
kep4321

Postby pakettle » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:56 am

Kep4321, The reason I ordered an AA kit is so I can shoot the Glock 17 more, With the price of 9 MM ammo I can't afford to go to the range and blow through 2or 3 boxes of 9s, and I go 2 maybe 3 times a month. I already have 3 whole 22 pistols, 2 neos and a 22 ruger bearcat. Good luck on your P22, I bought one for my wife, she hated it, misfires, jams, hot shell casings in the face and after 2000 rounds the slide had to be replaced, damn trigger bar chewed it up.

I took your advice on Topglock and cancelled the AA kit, I ordered one direct from AA. I too have heard bad things about Topglock.
pakettle

Postby kep4321 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:36 pm

I can see your point. The feel of the 17 would be MUCH better than any 22 pistol that I can think of. For me though it is just a personal preference. I just would prefer to have 2 guns rather than 1 gun to shoot 2 calibers.

About the P22, I have at best guess 5-6000 rounds thru mine. Yeah, the trigger bar did wear into the slide but it eventually stopped digging and it NEVER has affected function at all.
kep4321

Postby coolwill07 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:59 am

had this for several yrs already and about 2k rnds. i got interested in 1911s but this one is unquestionably reliable. i see this one to be in my safe for a long time
coolwill07

Postby pakettle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Received a email from UPS that my advantagearms kit for my glock 17 was shipped from california Monday. Will arrive 12/1. It was ordered 9/8 from the AA factory. Must have just made it under the wire, AA's web site has quit taking factory orders until further notice for the 17 and 19 glocks.

Glad I canceled from top glock.
pakettle

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols