>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 17 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby hammerdrop » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:34 pm

I may try out one of the new 4th gen. Glocks, maybe the G17. I held one. It had a good feel to it. Plus I would get about $100 discount.
hammerdrop

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:44 am

I'll be curious to hear your impression on the 4th gen. Glock. I haven't even seen one yet, let alone shoot one. I've got a 2nd gen. G23 and it's as great as it was the day I bought it. As with anything new, it's nice to hear what kind of reviews are left for the newest model of anything. I personally believe, as a die hard Glock fan, that Glock has already acheived "Perfection" and their newest models must be a real pleasure to own and shoot! JMO...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby epwrangler » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:49 am

Prices on monarch is kind of iffy. I find it at Academy and they have steel cases or brass cases on occasion. The brass is fully reloadable if yo can find powder and primers, I can't. Thank the pres for the panic buying.
epwrangler

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm not thanking that bum for anything! His position on the Glock 17 is well known, we shouldn't be able to own one. I'd like to hear from the CEO's of the top ammunition manufacturers. I'd like to here their explanation for the continual lack of ammunition and components.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby hammerdrop » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 am

I got the 3rd gen. G17, instead of the 4th gen....I shot it. it was 100% reliable and accurate. And I find it hard to believe that ammunition manufacturers can't keep up with supply and demand.
hammerdrop

Postby zx10r203 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:14 am

First post but have been reading a lot of info on this site.

After much research and rentals at the range I will be getting my first handgun, Glock 34. But since I live in Ca, got the 10 day waiting period BS!!

Just had a quick question, what is the best ammo to break it in with? And what is a good type for range shooting/target?
zx10r203

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:54 am

You have an unusual Glock. Most people purchase the smaller models (inc. full size)! It's unusual because it's an extended barrel model and I'm certain that it will provide some of the best accuracy obtainable from any Glock because of the barrel length. As a 9mm x 19 you'll be able to find ammunition fairly inexpensively, when you can find it! Ammo is beginning to be easier to come by now that the panic buying is almost over! I would suggest you check online and the old standby, Wal Mart. You should be able to pick up Winchester White Box for around $10.00 for a box of 50 rounds. Stay with American made ammunition and you'll be fine. You only need to use the less expensive FMJ ammo for the break in period. If you plan to use it for self defense, you'll need to start testing the best quality hollowpoint rounds currently available. Fortunately for you, the Glock is the most reliable semi auto handgun available! That's my opinion and I'll be the first one to tell you that I like my opinion!!

tigwelder56

Postby kep4321 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 am

I also purchased a 34 recently, congratulations. When I went looking for ammo Wal-Mart had Winchester white box 100 packs for $19.97 and Federal 50 round boxes for $8.97. Both worked fine as expected, but then again I have 4 Glock pistols (2 in 9mm and 2 in .40 Cal) and never had any issues with any brand or style ammo functioning correctly.

Even though I got the G34 I still love my G17!
kep4321

Postby zx10r203 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:38 am

Thanks for the info Tigwelder56. So far I my range sells Blazer Brass for $16.99 per 50 with a limit of 5 boxes and a gun shop in the area has American Eagle for the same price with no buy limit. Both in 115gr. I did pick up a couple of boxes of each to see with I would have a better result with.
zx10r203

Postby pakettle » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Have put a thousand rounds through my 17RTF, this thing gets better every time I shoot it. Now waiting for a AA kit for it.
pakettle

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols