>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 30 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby g4l » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:22 pm

oh excuse me, click on concealment holsters, it moved from the top left when I checked but youll find it.
g4l

Postby ripped350 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:35 pm

I bought a JBP Inside/Outside the WB holster. Its very comfortable, and the best thing is that its only a 35 dollar leather holster.

type in JBP holster in google.
ripped350

Postby Ky-Glockman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:17 am

Glock, I was wondering if your g30 when having all ten rounds in the mag was pretty tuff to get the mag in the gun. My mags wil now take all ten rounds but it is very difficult to get the mag in the gun you literally have to bruteforce it in there. However if i only put 9 in the mag it will go in to the gun with ease, but i am wanting to be able to carry 10 + 1 not 9 + 1. Have you had any similar experiences?
Ky-Glockman

Postby mcclete22 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:51 am

I am in the market for a good CCW type weapon. I have been shopping around, but because I know people in law enforcement, I am looking at mainly Glocks. I am kind of drawn towards the Glock 30, because it is a .45. I was wondering about any experiences with this handgun? Any compliments or complaints? I was also wondering if the GLock 30 has Slides for adding features, or if that must be specially ordered. Also I am on the fence between regular and night sights. Basically looking for any helpful information about a Glock 30 or any GLock. Want to make an informed decision. Thanks All!
mcclete22

Postby g4l » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:23 am

Ky, thats normal, slide it in and give it a good palm slap. Remember when you load the mag with a full 10 rounds its going to compress the spring a tad more when the top round contacts the slide bottom.
g4l

Postby g4l » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:37 am

mcclete22, welcome aboard! First off the 30 comes with rails, also I highly recommend purchasing it with night sights, stock sights are my only complaint about Glocks. Scan through this G30 post and many of your questions will be answered, so far Ive been nothing but happy with my Glock30. I also own a G23 thats a great gun, check out that post if interested, theirs a bunch of good guys over there with tons of info too. The 40cal is right on par with the 45, in my opinion you cant go wrong with ether one.
g4l

Postby Ky-Glockman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:49 am

Thanks Glock.

Hey mcclete22 if you are looking for a great conceal piece you have got it with the G30. I just got mine not to long ago and it has been a pleasure. Now there is also the G23 (.40 cal.) I was interested in but decided to go with the 30. Glocks4life can tell you about the 23 because he owns one and i do not. So far i am at the 250 mark with my 30 and like i said it has been great. It shoots very smooth and is very easily controled for rapid fire, and plus it hides extremely well. You will have to give the mag springs a few days to soften up to get that tenth round in but thats no problem. Just load the 9 in the mag and let it set a day or so then force round 10 and let it set a day or so then your all set. This gun so far is all compliments from me. I just think it will be hard to beat a compact .45 that holds 10 + 1, plus not to mention the fact that it is a glock so reliability is pretty much a gurantee. Any glock would be a great choice but the 30 is truly a great carry piece.
Ky-Glockman

Postby Ky-Glockman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 am

Oh and as glock said yeah you need night sights if it is for concealed carry. Night sights cost a little extra but it is worth it if you ever needed t at night.
Ky-Glockman

Postby JP30 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:46 am

I've previously bought a Glock30 w/ night sights and loving it, put only about 250 rounds through it so far. I was wondering, I haven't been able to find any 13rd mags for it but I did hear that maybe a different model Glock 45cal. would work. Is this true or have I just not looked in the right place. Your alls reviews are excellent, I researched and researched on Glocks for a while before I bought one and the Glock 30 is what stood out. I went to one of the Gun Show's in Knoxville and found my gun there for $485+tax I had to jump on it. Granted it was used... a police issued but it was only acouple of years old and it had the night sights already on it so I went with it. If anyone has info on some 13rd clips PLEASE let me know. Thanks
JP30

Postby Ky-Glockman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:04 am

Hey JP30 and welcome! I believe the mags from the glock 21 (a full size .45) which is a 13 rnd mag can be used in the 30 (actually im pretty sure). O and im very glad to hear of your satisfaction with your 30 they are indeed excelent guns, like all glocks. I keep my 30 on my side or at least somewhere close everywhere i go. Is your 30 for carry? If it is you made a great choice going with the night sights. Even if it is not for carry the night sights are great for night time home defense. I believe night sights are a must have for any gun that might be used for defense.
Ky-Glockman

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols