>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 30 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby zombie4569 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Reliability questionable? It's a Glock and I assume you bought it used. What type of misfeed? Did it not return to battery, not eject? There can be many issues behind a FTF... Was it only one?
zombie4569

Postby bmg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:29 pm

I bought it new, and out of the box, litterally. (I didn't add any additional lube to the factory copper lube. I was perhaps misadvised to let the factory lube worktself in.) It was a one occurence misfeed. Last bullet in magazine (stock magazine). It was a feed issue, no return to battery. I dropped the magazine, pulled back slightly on the slide and the round engaged easily into chamber. I reinsterted magazine and fired the round that "misfed". The problem didn't reoccur. I was shooting standard federal 45 ACP rounds (new).
bmg

Postby beetlemaster07 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:32 am

Even though most people shoot them unlubed out the box my glock 19 was stripped down and cleaned thoroughly before I took it to the range. I have to say that mine in its first few magazines was also doing the same thing but loosened up over time and works fine now. I'd have to say that it sounds like it just needs some good cleaning and a little breaking in.
beetlemaster07

Postby bmg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:01 am

I took your advice and did a good cleaning, then ran about 200 rounds through over the weekend qualifying for CCW and had no recurring problems. Once I got dialed in, was shooting nice groupings, (all close range for CCW). One will need to practice the tactical reload with the short hand grip. I pinched my finger pretty good during a reload, but that's due to lack of practice with a subcompact and this particular weapon.

Thanks for the input.
bmg

Postby b3325mike » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm glad things worked out for you bmg. Since I've owned my 30 I have never had any FTF or FTE's after about 400 rounds. I used it to qualify for my CCW, (yes, you can still get a CCW in the People's Republic of California) and is very comfortable to carry for long periods. I've never had any problem with pinching of the fingers but I have a small hands. Good luck qualifying, I wish you the best.
b3325mike

Postby Markmako » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:41 pm

I bought my Glock 30 last week and got to know her on Saturday at the range. Sunday I shot 25/25 for my CCW permit. This gun is comfortable, easy to handle & control for a .45 - buy one and you will love it. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a Glock 19 for my wife (and me).
Markmako

Postby b3325mike » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:39 pm

I hear you Markmako. The 30 is the first Glock I've owned and it is the best production pistol I have. As you will find out, it is very comfortable to carry. Congrats on your CCW and may you never have to shoot your Glock in self defense. Stay safe.
b3325mike

Postby mike5560 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:15 am

Perhaps one of the most versitile .45 ACPs in the world.

-This is for a Glock 30, not a 30SF. After 1000s of factory and reload ammo, it feeds everything I give it. I HAVE had: 2 light primer strikes with Winchester white box ammo, and several cases of FTF, mostly due to limp-wristing. If you want a limp wrist proof gun, get a beretta 92fs. All in all, I have to really try for a limp wristed failure.

Accuracy is great, however outstanding for a short barrelled Glock. I have produced rested groups at 25 yards that a quarter will cover. The grip is fat and cumbersome for some, but feels secure in my medium sized hands. Either you'll like the grip or you wont. Recoil is mild for such a small gun, and the sights fall right back on target without struggle.

Carrying this piece is good, but it's a little fat. This is my winter carry gun, as it prints when I wear t shirts. I have carried it year round and I just had to be a little more careful of what I wore.

All in all, 10+1 rounds of man or creature stopping .45ACP, in a small, fairly controllable, accurate and reliable package, extremely simple. I have heard of some issues with the Glock 30 SF (Short Frame) models but I can't attest to any.
mike5560

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 pm

This is my second Glock - my first is a G29 - and my FANTASTIC rating still holds. Cleaned, lubed, and at the range, this one drew a crowd as I totally destroyed the center ring at 25 yards! The factory sights are great for daytime, and I set this one up for my LaserMax Guide Rod Laser (By purchasing 2 little parts from LaserMax I can swap the laser between the G29 and G30 by swapping out just the guide rod). Glock may classify these as sub-compact, but with the addition of a mag grip extension, the G30 (and the G29) is a perfect fit for my big hands. This one is large enough for range competition, small enough for most concealed carry applications, and it's definitely a keeper.
BillB

Postby cachamelion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Are there any negatives to this pistol? I am thinking of buying one and all I see is praise. I have never owned a polymer handgun before and do love my Sigs so this will a step outside of my comfort zone.
cachamelion

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols