>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Walther P99 QA Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby razr » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:57 pm

Dont care for Fiocchi that much. I dont know if the 9mms have truncated tips or not. I know the 40 cal does and anytime I use fiocchi in 40 cal in my Glock, I have the same issue every 4 or 5 rounds it MFs. Try Winchester 9mm, you can get em at Walmart if you live in California. You should try at least two or three different brands. I have had good luck with Wins in 9, 40 and 45. Id like to find out how that works for you.
razr

Postby Walther » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:19 pm

I live in Northern California, and Im a relative new comer to the wonderful world of handguns. Ive been trying to find a Walther P99AS - instead of the QA - which I think would be better suited to someone with more experience. None of the dealers Ive contacted in the Bay Area has had any success trying to get one for me. Any ideas?
Walther

Postby razr » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:05 am

Try sportingArms.com send them an email asking Becky if she could locate you one. Good luck!
razr

Postby fbabcock » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:35 pm

I really thought I wanted this gun until I read some of the horror stories here. This gun fits my hand like it was custom made for it, but I sure dont want it if it has all the problems I am reading about. Has it been improved?
fbabcock

Postby sfcrjw » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:40 am

Like fbabcock, I, too, am interested in knowing if the quality/reliability of this pistol has been improved, as it fits my hand very well. Anybody??
sfcrjw

Postby CPrinzivalli » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Does anyone know the difference between the QA and the AS versions of this pistol?..I know they refer to different actions, but I have not shot either, so I cant get a feel...I prefer to converse via email, as to not clog up the forum...CP
CPrinzivalli

Postby razr » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:19 pm

QA stands for Quick Action where the striker is partially pre cocked, once the trigger is pulled, the striker goes to a fully cocked mode and is released causing the pistol to fire. Trig force of approx 8 lbs. and travel of .3 inches. I have used a QA in cometition and its flawless. I have over 3500 rounds thru mine with no malfunction what so ever!!!!!!! P99 was developed for law enforcement tactical needs, so dont listen to the ones who compare it to other Walther products and are not as satisfied. German Eng. at its best!!!!!

The anti-stress trigger, AS is to prevent unintentional reflex firing. The trigger travels approx .6 in anti-stress mode with 4.4 lbs. On all subsequent shots, the trigger travel is reduced to .3 and this permits firing in rapid sequence, due to the quick trig reset. Kinda like double action on the first shot and sigle action on subsequest once your index holds the trig back. Hope this helps!
razr

Postby Walther » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:27 pm

I decided to buy the QA instead of the AS. Although Ive only shot 150 rounds, so far so good - this gun feels great in my hand - and I think I made the right decision on going with the QA trigger pull - its sweet.
Walther

Postby 1911fanatic » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:35 am

i'm in search of a second firearm. i currently own a springfield 9mm 1911 and it rocks. i am getting bored of a 9mm though. i'm looking for something with more kick. i was thinking about a compact usp or this bad boy right here. i'm open to all opinions on all subjects.
1911fanatic

Postby Gooseman4 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:13 am

Is this gun very accurate? If not what are some other accurate handguns? I am looking to buy my first handgun and want something reliable and accurate. I am eyeing the Walther P99 but do not know much about handguns in general.
Gooseman4

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols