>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Walther PPK/S Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby MightyFoFaad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 pm

@ Gloc9mm ... Hate to tell you this, but the feed/eject problems you're having with the PPKs may be "YOU" & not the gun. For some strange reason, that PPKs has a hellava kick for it's size & cartridge (380). In fact, that little bastard seems to kick harder than my Taurus PT145 which is a .45 acp. ???

The point is, if you are not holding the gun tight enough & it rotates in your hand on recoil ... you are actually dampening the force of the recoil needed to properly cycle the gun. It doesn't take much.

Take the gun out of your safe & go back to the range. Start off by holding onto the gun with 2 hands tightly, while also exerting a downward force on the table = so the gun can not move up and/or back.

You may find your feed/eject problems have magically disappeared! Also, to start with, use ball ammo. Thereafter, you can work on your grip, once you're aware of the problem. Good luck.
MightyFoFaad

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks, I read what you wrote in a past post. I have actually tried that and just about everything else I can think of with it. I had no problem with the PPK, so if it were that I'd assume I would have no problem here?? I did have a problem with a Beretta in the past with that happenning though.

It's really no big deal, I normall carry either my Glock, 1911 or a Ruger Wheel.
Gloc9mm

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:21 am

@mightyfofaad... ...man this sucks. Can't get too pissed ennymore... Th' cardio-plumbin's beginnin' to act up! ...just can't get th' breaks... Th' doc desires that I tone it down a few notches. Funny, how we all here are fairly agreed upon the martial-preparedness of the armed citizen under the great Second Amendments' protections...However, Ma Nature has a Martial Plan of her own... ...and she always, 'wins'. Ma never waits for any congressional approval- or, ennyone elses'- for the matter. So's I gots ta give my raving rants a rest for a while...possibly a lo-oong while... However, this way, I may still sneak-in a beer & a fine Habanos or Romeo & Julietta(short Churchill) every now'n'then...
SittingMooseShaman

Postby Quattro9999 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:37 am

Can a person purchase the WALTHER PPK/S 380 ACP ENGRAVED and use it to shoot instead of just keeping it as a collector gun? Is there any reason a person couldn't keep and use this as a gun to take to the range and shoot all the time?
Quattro9999

Postby JimBond » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey, can anyone help me out with an ongoing PPK/S problem? Interarms gun from early 80's. Problem is a type of FTF. It appears the loaded chamber indicator pin ends up on top of the case when the slide is closing, causing a jam. Seems to happen with FMJ as much as with HP. Hotter ammo seems to work a little better. I have a few hundred rounds through it, and it may work better, but still seems to happen at least once a box, used to happen every other mag. I keep it super clean and well lubed. Love the gun, but it is not reliable enough for carry. Next step I was going to try was Wolff springs. Any thoughts? Thanks!
JimBond

Previous

Return to Pistols