>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber Eclipse Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Kimber Eclipse Reviews

Postby jadrianf » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:11 am

I have had the Eclipse Custom II .45 acp. for a week. 150 rds. its hard not to get a bullseye with this gun. Worth the money.
jadrianf

Postby Orion0864 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:33 pm

I purchased an Eclipse Custom II about two weeks ago. I cleaned it. Took it to the range and put about 150 rounds of federal ball ammo through it. Took it home cleaned it and found a crack in the base of the hammer. I took it back to the dealer who sent it to Kimber for repair. Now, I dont know for sure if the crack was due to use or if it was damaged when I bought. (It is a brand new pistol.) I cant begin to think what might have caused this but if it happens again I will sell the gun and drop a wad for a Wilson Combat. Other than that the gun is amazing! I love the night sights and recoil is significantly less severe than on my 5 Sprinfield 1911. Extremely accurate.
Orion0864

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:07 pm

I cant say enough good things about mine. The slide locked back before a clip was emty once but other than that absolutly no problems
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue May 22, 2007 8:07 am

Ah yes,another piece of Kimber crap! My Eclipse couldn't even go through it's first box of ammo without numerous ftf's along with the ejected shells coming back directly at my forehead. Sent it back to their Special Olympic repair shop,(my dime of course) and once again the problems persisted. How does Kimber stay in business?? It is now my mission to spread the truth about Kimber and their over-rated,over-priced pieces of crap they continue to spit out. "The Legacy Continues"! DON'T BUY KIMBER! Let me know about your horror stories. thecobra27@msn.com
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Mon May 28, 2007 11:29 pm

I fail to see why your on a mission to bash kimber! How many kimber's have you owned? Even kimber claims their pistols require a couple hundred round break in period. Did you allow for that? I own .an Eclipse and its a terrific firearm. I think it was well worth the money and of great quality

I've already as a moderator cleaned up alot of your bogus posts on this matter in unrelated forums. Assuming you have a real beef with Kimber maybe you should think about bieng a bit more eloquent about expressing your opinion on the site. And actually give some details about your problem that we may be able to help with. As you'll be able to see I was fair and allowed your posts on the correct topics.

I have a ruger that had to go back to the manufacturer at least three times before it fired properly. I explained my problem and how they fixed it. You only want to bash them. Whats the deal?
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue May 29, 2007 11:36 am

Beltbuckle: I can only draw upon my personal experience with Kimber along with my fellow Peace Officers,family and friends negative experiences. My problems consisted of ftf's as well as shells being ejected into my forehead well after the break-in period. If you pay $1200 for a firearm you shouldn't have to mail it back almost as soon as you open the box. And yes,I have mailed the gun back to Kimber,(my dime) only to experience the same problems again. I suggest before you open your mouth and make an ass out of yourself you access the Kimber portion of this web site and read the many,many negative reviews form other pissed off Kimber owners. If you are of the mind that it's o.k. to mail back a new firearm two or three times before it's to function properly then you are the type of customer Kimber loves!
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue May 29, 2007 11:44 am

Hey beltbuckle! Sounds to me that you might indeed work for Kimber,probably their special olympic custom shop! My negative reports against Kimber are bassed on hard evidence gathered from this web site as well as others. Instead of having a knee-jerk reaction do your homework like I did! The truthful facts speak for themselves!
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue May 29, 2007 11:53 am

To answer the last part of your post. I have owned two KImbers. The Eclipse which proved to be a piece of junk even after I sent it back to Kimber. I waited a year and thinking if I purchased a pistol from their so-called "Custom Shop" I might get lucky. I was wrong. Their Ultra CDP II proved to be another hunk of crap!,even after the break-in period. Didn't bother to send it back to Kimber,just dumped it. Maybe you were one of the few KImber customers that were lucky,,,myself and many,many others haven't been. Do your research like I did or if you want I would be more than happy to mail you or fax you all the negative reports I have gathered from people around the USA.
beltbuckle

Postby WNCAPTAIN » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:57 pm

I too had a Kimber Eclipse Ultra II, beautiful gun, but it would not perform. After 1200 plus rounds had many failures of all types. For that much money I expected the product to perform flawlessly out of the box. Finally sold it for a loss and purchased an H&K, have had zero malfunctions with the H&K USP 45c after 1300 rounds.
WNCAPTAIN

Postby E-7 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:46 am

Ah, ''kimbersucks'' I see you are still on your little soap box. You are truly becoming a legend in your own mind. Having fun are we? Have you ever shot any of Kimbers full size guns? Or is your experience limited to the Ultra Carry? I'm talking about personal experience not something you read some place. I've done my home work too. H&K makes a great gun, but ever try to get a part from them. It's like pure hell. For every report you can come up with I can find one for H&K, Colt , Springfield, S&W and just about every other gun maker. Heck Les Bear gets $2900 to $3500 for his guns and I can up with postings about problems with his guns. If all Kimbers are so bad, why then did LAPD SWAT go to it? Why did the USMC go with Kimber? Haven't heard a peep out of either of them on poor performance. May be the problem lies with the Ultra Carry. Who knows, but I won't condemn any gun maker over one line of gun. I am the pistolsmith for a police dept. in Texas. 16 officers in the dept carry Kimber TLE/RL's , 2 carry Sig 1911's (both officers had to send the Sig's back for issues with the guns more than a few times). The others range from Colt 1911's, Glocks, Sig's double actions and a few revolvers. This is a small dept. 40 officers total. Of all of the Kimbers I only had one were the thumb safety arm broke. There was a air bubble in the casting. I called Kimber and they over nighted one to me. Just like you, I can only draw off my own personal experiences. I am glad to see that you found a gun you seem to like, at least for the moment. So enjoy your H&K and I'll go on enjoying my Kimbers....
E-7

Next

Return to Pistols