>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber Custom Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby electricman4759 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:46 pm

robalan:

I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry everyday, in a IWB or a belt holster. I have never had the safety come off and on, and I keep my Kimber locked and loaded. at all times If I was you I would find a gunsmith or call Kimber to see why that is happening.

Please report back with an update to let use know what the out come is. Please be careful.
electricman4759

Postby robalan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 pm

I am new to the 1911. When in half cocked my safety moved sightly up and down real easy. It does not go up fully, but when it was up slightly and then I pulled the hammer back all the way I was not able to pull the trigger to fire. I had to push the safety all the way down. From what folks are saying it sounds like there should not be a problem with the safety going down and off if fully locked. I am thinking cocked and fully locked should be a safe way to carry.
robalan

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm

First of all the half cock safety or notch was never meant to be considered a position to safely carry the pistol. It was designed for mil spec 1911's as a position that would safely catch the hammer if it were to fall off of full cock. While in that position, you shouldn't be able to engage the safety, nor should the hammer move or drop while in the half cock position. I'm told that repeated pulling on the trigger while the pistol is half cocked isn't particularly good for the sear. Some people believe that you can use the half cock notch to drop the hammer on a live round. That also isn't safe IMO because you still have to squeeze the trigger on a live round. If your thumb slipped off the hammer at that point, you could have some explaining to do at the very least. If you're going to carry a 1911 model pistol, condition one (cocked and locked) is the only way to carry it.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby St8Shooter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:29 pm

It is the predominent way to carry a 1911 style weapon.
St8Shooter

Postby electricman4759 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:48 am

I have several 1911 weapons, when I leave the house I only carry fully cocked and loaded. I will never carry half cocked because I have always been told that is not good for the weapon. So carry full cocked and loaded or one in the chamber and the hammer down. The only two opitions you have when carring a 1911. Enjoy the weapon.
electricman4759

Postby robalan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks, cocked and locked.
robalan

Postby Doriadiver » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Sounds like cocked and locked is the predominant position! This has become my daily carry gun IWB and I continue to love it as does everyone that fires it!
Doriadiver

Postby robalan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Yes, great gun. I wish I had bought it earlier.

There was a fellow at another forum saying he was having real trouble doing a one hand reload because of a hard slide release. Mine was hard when I first bought it. But after putting a few rounds through it the release is easy.
robalan

Postby Doriadiver » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Like all slide springs.....they ease up after a couple hundred rounds. I LOVE my UC II and it has become my F/T carry weapon with the cooler temps down here in Florida.
Doriadiver

Postby electricman4759 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:34 am

I love my Kimberly Ultra Carry. My wife and I were out of town and we found a local range and she took a few shoots off the Kimber and then put it in her purse. I asked her were was her pistol, she said "in my purse" so I asked why are you taking mine? Her response was I will trade you mine for yours, now that was crazy. Now she wants a Kimber. Guys what's going on, when a man can't keep his Kimber to himself. Lovely and sad at the same time.
electricman4759

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols