>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 97 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby literaltrance » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 pm

I've been looking for a CZ 97 BD (decocker version). This is a newer model which mimmicks CZ P-01 form and function, but in a CZ 97 package of course. The problem is, I can't find one!!!

I've contacted several dealers as well as CZ sales and the only clear response I've received is "at earliest, Jan 09, but probably later."

I was wondering if anyone has run into these, or better yet, could you post when you DO find one of these? Thanks!
literaltrance

Postby epwrangler » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:08 am

a 45 cal CZ should be just awesome.
epwrangler

Postby cz97fan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:29 pm

I picked up my 97BD about a month ago and it handles well and has good accuracy. I looked for the 97BD for months and finally checked with Rays Sporting Goods store in Dallas, and his supplier had it in the store the next day. It is a big pistol, and not good for small hands, but this pistol is perfect for me. I have been to many stores and gun shows and this is the best feeling pistol I have held. I did not like the 75BD because the pistol is made for small hands, and the beaver tail curves down, but the 97BD has a larger beaver tail and it curves up.The only down side is the black poly coat, I would be happy to pay extra for a stainless model. I give this a 5 out of 5.
cz97fan

Postby Mardawg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Just bought mine new at a gunshow. It is a fantastic firearm so far. Excellent quality, fit and finish. The grips are nice and overall it feels very solid. It is also a large pistol and feels good in the hand, recoil is easy and it is very accurate. 5 out of 5...easy. Buy one.
Mardawg

Postby clincher16 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:24 pm

have had mine for about 10 years......love it

never any jams.....low recoil

just put rubber HOGUE grips on it ( for a cz75 )

feels better ...smoother...accurate
clincher16

Postby r.long32 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:24 pm

I am interested in getting a 45 caiber CZ and I keep seeing reviews where people say it's for larger hands. I find the 75 quite comfortable and the width between the two seem the same so what do people mean by this, trigger reach? Can anyone post a link to a pic where the 97 and 75 are stacked?
r.long32

Postby cz97fan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 pm

This is a reply to r.long32. There are differences between the 97 and 75. The 75 is good for smaller hands, the beaver tail on the 75 has a small curve downward, and in a larger hand like mine, the beaver tail points into the web of my hand. If I were to shoot the 75, it would probably dig into the web on my hand and evenually cut it or bruise it. For me the 75 is too small.

The 97 is a bigger gun and the beaver tail curves up and feels good in my hand. The trigger is farther out on the 97 compared to the 75. If the hammer is resting against the firing pin, the reach to the trigger is almost too far and it would be best if cz designed the trigger back a liitle. When you use the decocker after the hammer is in the cocked postion, the trigger is moved back and is the most comfortable.

Overall the 97 is a good gun, and if they would make one in stainlees, I would buy another.

cz97fan

Previous

Return to Pistols