>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 75 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby LasttoDraw » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 pm

My CZ was having a weird locking problem. Every so often, the thing would eject a round, then fail to fully chamber the next round. During such a scenario, the trigger wouldn't draw the hammer back. It was as if everything was frozen. Upon closer examination of the parts, I found that the chamber had been machined poorly. A small protrusion extended into both the chamber mouth and feed ramp. It was as if during the machining, the grinders were slightly off-center. Yeah, for a test fire, it would do fine. But after 50+ rounds the thing would lock-up.

Enter the Dremel...

Started off with a couple of different diamond bits, then moved to the lapping compound. Worked on the ejection port (to be on the safe side), then the feed ramp and chamber mouth. The local gunsmith asked who had done the work. I told him "Me". He raised his eyebrows and laughed. I said "Yeah, you can take it away, but you can't add it back" (talking about metal removal). He began to recite all the horrible attempts he had seen and confirmed that he was impressed with my work. It really did turn out nice. It's much more mirror-finished than the rest of the gun (it's the stainless version and the rest of the gun has more of a satin finish).

Bottom line, it's eats and spits fine now.

If y'all encounter something similar, check the machining of the ramp and chamber.

Also, if y'all decide to give it a trigger job, grab some super glue. When reassembling the thing (more detailed than I'm making it out to be here), it helps to glue at least one tension spring in place for reassembly. Once assembled, hit the glued spring with gun scrubber (synthetic safe) to remove the bulk of the glue, then remmington gun oil (with teflon) to get the rest of it and losen-up the spring action.

Yeah, it's a smooth shooting gun.
LasttoDraw

Postby bigbob47 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:13 pm

I bought my new CZ 75B [ 9mm] last week and just got to shoot it today. I'm thrilled with this gun. The price was right, it,s very accurate and I used inexpensive ammo from Wal-Mart. I shot 200 rounds through it without a problem. Thank You Tommielee for your review & Bladeskateroo for the link for the dissassembly video.
bigbob47

Postby tommielee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:23 pm

bigbob47, your very welcome. I now have about 3500 rounds through my CZ75b and it just gets better and better. My wife purchased a CZ75 sp-01 tactical for her shooting tree nights and is doing much better in competitions. I find the sp-01 a tad more accurate, but I prefer the weight and grip of the 75b if your going to shoot over 100 rounds. CZ is the best kep secret in the shooting world.
tommielee

Postby Punisher » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:49 am

I have the 75B ( 9 mm ) and I think it's a great gun. It's got the classic, no brainer 1911 function coupled with a stylish design that just perfectly fits my hand. It's comfortable to shoot and stays on target a lot easier than other 9's I've owned because of it's barrel length and weight. I've never had a FTF or any jams after roughly 2500 rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if more American law enforcement agencies and/or military branches started converting over to CZs in the future. These guns are that nice.
Punisher

Postby tkdguy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:57 pm

CZ 75 recoil steel rod guide and weight of recoil spring. Does anyone have any experience with CZ's steel recoil spring guide? Are there any after market steel rod guides that are better than the factory?

I have read some references that the CZ 75 has a factory 14 pound spring while others claim a 16 pound spring. Does anybody know factually what the weight of the factory spring is? Thanks.
tkdguy

Postby lrgcal4fun » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi tkdguy,

My first response is don't believe everything you read. Have you been having any problems with yours? If not don't fool with it. It is rarely a good idea to second guess the manufacture on things like the recoil spring tension. The CZ 75 has an impeccable reputation for both reliability and accuracy. A higher capacity variation was even approved for NATO troupes. So, unless you are having a problem I'd recommend that you don't make such a drastic change. If you are having a problem, describe it for us and we'll be happy to give you come suggestions on how to decide if you need a gunsmith or you can fix it yourself.

My 75 is completely stock and has preformed so perfectly that I keep it ready as my home defense gun!
lrgcal4fun

Postby epwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:10 pm

I love mine just the way it is now. Put night sights and laser grips on my police model. Wow! What a gun.
epwrangler

Postby jmb3675 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:38 pm

can anyone tell me if the 75b in .40 has the same grip size as a 9mm? I have held the 9mm and love it, but if I want a .40 I will have to order it.
jmb3675

Postby DeusImperator » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 pm

The grip size is the same but I believe that the CZ-75B is optimized for the 9mm and you might have issues with the pistol. I have sent in my CZ-75B 40 S&W to CZ for repairs but that did not correct the ongoing FTE issues. So I have a paper weight for the moment. I have very little confidence in CZ correcting my issue with this pistol. Everyone who has fired the pistol has had the exact same issue with it so for. couple of FTE's every 10 rounds.
DeusImperator

Postby epwrangler » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:27 am

I really don't know what to tell you but I understand there a few really good CZ gunsmiths out there. Mine is so accurate and reliable it is like a CZ is noted for. Sorry to hear yours is not. Could be ammo or extractor problems. Maybe even spring problem. If it were mine I would be bugging Cz to fix it.
epwrangler

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols