>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 2075 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Vgate49 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:57 am

Thanks Pop,

It won't eat the Hornaday TAP 155's but will eat the Cor-Bon 135's.

Will it get better if broken in more?

What about polishing the ramp?

One of the enclosed mags hasn't worked from the start.

What bothers me the most is I can't get get anyone at CZ to pick up a phone, all i get is recordings, I have e-mailed them 3 times also without any response.

I don't know how they do business that way.

I own 7 other handguns all reliable, if i can't make this work it will be traded in on my next new one.

I like the look & Feel of the gun, but If I have to worry about it working....no way!

My wife's HK P200SK or Kimber Ultra Raptor 2 will more than fill the bill.
Vgate49

Postby popcycle » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:42 am

I have always had good luck with contacting CZ and they are forthcoming about the sensitive nature of this pistol. They are willing to discuss most any issue at length. They have several gunsmits on staff and are willing to help. Usually I call the 800 number and select parts or gunsmith. There are two new magazines coming for the 40, one with an extension that they expect anyday. You may have to send them your pisol and/or mags under warranty to determine the problem and help you resolve it. I would, without hesitation, ask them to replace your bad mag and they will do that for free even if it is the old version until the new ones arrive.

I know the feeling. Good luck. Try using the Speer Lawman 155 or 165 for target and the Speer 165 Gold Dust HP's for defense. When you talk to CZ ask if they would recommend polishing the ramp ...that is a warranty service they will provide.
popcycle

Postby Edmondt » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:53 pm

I have the 9 mm version of this gun, bought it about 3 months ago. I love the gun, but recently have had problems with a number of hollow point rounds.

Yesterday I sent an email to CZ about the problem, and today I got an email back. They told me to send the barrel back to them, and they would repolish the ramp at no charge.

Pretty responsive.

Edmond
Edmondt

Postby Vgate49 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 am

Finally got a hold of them at CZ, spoke to CJ, sent him my barrel and both Mags, we'll see what happens.
Vgate49

Postby Edmondt » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:58 am

Does anyone know where I can get aftermarket mags for this gun? I haven't been able to locate any on the web.

I have the 9 mm.

Thanks.

Edmond
Edmondt

Postby popcycle » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:04 pm

There are no aftermarket mags available. The 3rd generation mags are going to be available from CZ soon. Talked to Justin at CZ...they expect anyday. Just received my RAMI 40 and ran about 50 rounds of ball ammo through it. No hitches and it really operated smoothly. I did some pre-op to it and will explain tomorrow. I am going to put about 200 more rounds through after another break down. Willl let you know how it operates and explain what I did to prepare the overall operation including mags.
popcycle

Postby popcycle » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:38 am

200 more rounds in my RAMI 40 without a hitch. Used both 8 round magazines. All ammo has been cheap Walmart Winchester 165 so far. Ran as smooth as my Sig p239 and has incredible accuracy at 25 feet. No problems with my slide stop. Slide operated smoothly and slid home when I popped a full magazine into grip. I did a simple F and B pre-op before even putting one round through it and will say more about what I did after another 200 rounds. This pistol is a little smaller than a Glock 36 and has a better feel to the hands. I have large palms and medium length fingers. It is smaller than my P239

and is as accurate or better. Fun to shoot so far.
popcycle

Postby epwrangler » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Fluff and buff?
epwrangler

Postby popcycle » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:03 am

yes, with X 1-r.....developed by NASA ...is supposed to be next generation lubricant....google it. Works great...clean wth the oil/solvent...leave a light coat on all parts.....grease with their grease (q tip on rails and rods) leave an floater on each side of slide.....works very smooth. Noticed I was still getting crude off pistol even after has cleaned with other highly recommended products. Was receommended by an Engineer. Improve operation of pistol and even manually works easier. I also polished the slide rods with Flitz and buffed. They are silver and rest of slide is black....but it is slick.
popcycle

Postby Vgate49 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:10 pm

Hi guys,

Finally got a hold of the CZ people and sent them my barrel and mags.

New mags extended (10 SHOT), new generation are on their way along with a ramp polish job. Nice people when they answer the phone.

Hope I can say no malfunctions when i get it back.
Vgate49

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols