>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Colt 1911 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Colt 1911 Reviews

Postby Stanky626 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:14 pm

I rent the Colt 1911 from my local shooting range all the time. The accuracy is amazing and the recoil is very manageable. I own a couple Kimpro 8-round mags, which I brought to range a few times. They work perfectly in the Colt. I now have a Kimber Custom on order, but until I pick it up, Ill keep renting the Colt to satisfy my craving.

Did I mention the accuracy? It feels like I can place my shots any where I want. From 25 feet, I can place 2 on the chest, 2 on the neck, and 3 in the face without even thinking about it. Thats good enough to ruin someones day... or life.

Dont forget, this is a rental. I just hope my Kimber can match up to this puppy.
Stanky626

Postby AMF » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:24 am

This gun feels good in the hand. It shoots well with no jamming problems. Breaking it down can be a liitle tricky at first, dont let the plug fly out of the front. I have two 1918 Army issue models and they still keep plugging away. Accuracy is good for a combat weapon. I would try to shoot down on your target if you have fixed military sights, it may work better for you. I would think stopping power is a priority with this caliber. For carry purposes the Series 80 safety feature might be a good choice if you keep a round in the chamber.
AMF

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:10 am

Ive got a Series 70 1911 Colt. The Series 70 models came with the ejection port milled into the slide higher than their other models, thus causing the cases to hit the slide a lot of the time on their way out. Are there any gunsmiths out there that might know what the cost to have the ejection port opened up to compensate for this is? Thanks.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby gunnutz » Tue May 08, 2007 1:51 am

Just recently bought a cal.25 colt pocket semi auto. According to the serial # its made in 1903. I would like to get a manual on how to fild strip it and a parts schematic. Anybody know how or where I can get these items?
gunnutz

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:06 pm

I found some information for you. I'll post the links but you'll need to pay attention to the address when you paste it. There will be an extra space following the slash "/", make sure you remove the extra space.

www.gunsworld.com/assembly/colt25_ass_us.htm

www.vist.lt/klasika/colt-pocket.php3

That's all I can find on short notice. Hope this helps!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby gunnutz » Tue May 08, 2007 3:23 pm

Thanks tig, appreciate the help.
gunnutz

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:34 pm

You're very welcome! My father in law had the same pistol and he passed away recently and I believe all of his firearms were passed on to his son. I kept it clean and made sure it was taken care of for him. I would've liked to have been given that but I understand the Father & Son connection. It was a sweet little, and I mean little pocket gun. I own a Seecamp 32 and they both are tiny things!! LOL... Take good care of it, you've gotten your hands on a real jewel and is worthy of great care. You're fortunate to have found one in nice condition.

tigwelder56

Postby gunnutz » Wed May 09, 2007 12:43 am

Thanks again Tig, I also have a Seecamp and wind up carrying it often because of one reason or another. I have a calf skin pocket holster I made for it, the little guy just sits there waiting for a call. I marvel at the little Colt, made in 1903, the days of craftsmen and no cdm"s. On a lark I called Colt today, spoke to Paul in customer relations, he said he would have a manual and schematic in todays mail to me NO CHARGE. Phone number is 1-800-962-COLT. I'm still going to check out the sites you gave me.happy shoootin, nutz
gunnutz

Postby mueller » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:37 pm

can anyone tell me where i can buy a Colt 45 1911 at a fair price?

Les
mueller

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi Les,

We don't sell guns on the website. What we do is offer the Classified section, you can reach it via the link at the top of the page. A local gun show or gun shop remain the two best places to shop for a firearm, new or used. Good luck!

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Pistols