>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby johnnyz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:54 am

I am not here to insult Tomcat owners. I would be very happy to hear that Beretta addressed the inherent problem and now makes a great .32. Until they do that, however, additional purchases will only validate their inferior product and hurt those who buy it.
johnnyz

Postby forddave » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:27 am

yea i agree, like i said loved it untill a couple of days ago, but to me what makes a good gun is how good the customer service is when you have a problem. i'm not bashing it either. i am confident beretta will stand behind it. they all break at some point. will let you guys know when its taken care of.
forddave

Postby Doriadiver » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Loved till I didn't! Wouldn't use a T Cat as a sinker fishing. It's a POS and I own 3 other Berettas that I love. I was 2 months waiting for repair/replace from Beretta. I got a new one back and promptly sold it. Unacceptable!
Doriadiver

Postby johnnyz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:37 pm

forddave, I don't think they all break at some point, not the frame cracking in the same place on numerous Tomcats anyway. I have a S&W 22 revolver made in 1956. Nothing broken...a S&W 469 made around 1980. The recoil spring seemed to lose its strength. S&W sent a new one, no charge on a 30-year-old gun. Ruger Redhawk, H&K 45, Winchester .22 Gallery Rifle and my very first Ruger Mark 1 that I had purchased 34 years ago. The Mark 1 serves as my competition pistol and I have not had any other problems other than the free slide spring on the 469.

The Tomcat frame is a specific and clear quality issue. It is not simple wear and tear. Beretta simply refuses to admit and address it. Beretta=Never again.
johnnyz

Postby Blev » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:58 pm

jonhnnyz, I have tired to see if this gun would work for me but, it just isn't as a reliable pocket gun on doing my research. I had one 10yrs ago and loved everything about it, but I sold it, because I went broke. Never shot it, and feel bad now about knowing its weakness and unreliability and selling it, heh. I have done so much research on this gun, and even calling Beretta to find out when the wide slides would come into production. However, it seems from all my research that even the wide slides will crack at some point. At this point I am looking at the Naa Guardian .380 from doing my research of a pistol that will fit in my front pocket with a decent caliber and at least 7 shots. Blev
Blev

Postby johnnyz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 am

I don't want to make this a discussion forum for your favorite gun, but I think research is key. This site is great for research. NAA? Go for it. I haven't heard of any complaints on NAA although the .380 may kick a bit in that size pistol.

Hope the warnings on the Tomcat helped.
johnnyz

Postby Doriadiver » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:44 am

Check out the new Kimber Solo. Not much larger than the NAA, but chambered in 9mm. It's become my daily pocket gun in the FL heat. Shoots GREAT!
Doriadiver

Postby Blev » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 pm

I have seen that on the internet, it looks great. How much bigger is it than the NAA? Does it fit into the front pocket of jeans easily? I guess I'll have to go take a look at one of them.
Blev

Postby Doriadiver » Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Yup, very pocketable in jeans or shorts as the hot weather here dictates. Weighs barely a pound and absolute quality throughout. Same size and weight as the wife's Sig 238 but packin a lil more punch with the 9mm.
Doriadiver

Postby ke7zem » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Doriadiver, what 9mm do you carry? I thought they were talking about the Tomcat by Beretta chambered in .32 cal. Unless there is something I don't know and they came out with one in 9mm. anyway, just curious. Oh, I saw an add the other day, Taurus, the same company that coppied the 92fs (Horibbly I might add) has now coppied the Beretta Tomcat, or Bobcat.. I just saw it in the last issue of American Rifleman, it's a blatent coppy! come on Kimber, be original. at least they are make some decent 1911's so I hear.
ke7zem

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols