>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point C-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby paintball_rudeboy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:21 am

paintball_rudeboy

Postby n2aquatix » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:02 pm

I just bought a C9 and I will tell you the most convincing reason, it has a fixed barrel. Im ex-military and Ive owned and fired a bunch of automatic handguns and most of them had a floating barrel. In fact, very few large calibre automatic handguns come with a fixed barrel. Most come with a floating barrel that incorporates some type of cam mechanism. So when I was checking out the C9 at my local gunstore, I commented to the sales person that most of the weapon was polymer and the rest of the parts had a really good coating of some type so it shouldnt rust easily. He immediately tried to sell me a bursa saying it was a better gun. I pulled back the slide on the bursa and the barrel rose a noticeable 1/8, so I locked it back and wiggled the barrel finding that it had LOTS of play, as do most automatic pistols which accounts for why they are usually not as accurate as revolvers. I then locked back the slide on the C9 and attempted to wiggle the barrel and it wouldnt budge, it had no play at all, so I told him to meet me at the register with the gun. An automatic with a fixed barrel is every bit as accurate as a revolver of equal length. GREAT DESIGN. This is probably why the out-of-the-box accuracy of this handgun shocks so many people. The answer is the barrel doesnt move at all when the slide goes back. THANK YOU Hi-Point.
n2aquatix

Postby webgun » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:07 pm

Bought a used C-9 for a customer. It had lint hanging out of it, and caked with crud. Talk obout fun taking this gun down. You need about 150 lbs. preasure to hold the slide back far enough, to knock the retainer pin out of the frame. When taking the slide off springs flew everywhere. You would think they would build a gun easier to field strip and clean.
webgun

Postby Sammy882 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:59 am

You bought a Hi-Point b/c it has a fixed barrel, making it more accurate than a floating barrel?!? The fixed barrel vs. floating barrel is not an issue today, with modern manufacturing methods. Most modern production guns, including a piece of junk bersa, can out shoot there users, even from a rest. Modern production autos are every bit as accurate as a revolver. I still carry a revolver but it isnt b/c of accuracy. Fixed barrel or not Id never trust my life to a hi-point. They make a great snake gun though.
Sammy882

Postby n2aquatix » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:30 am

I enjoy your post Sammy, but if you had fired as many floating-barrel 1911s as I have then you would apprecriate the difference.
n2aquatix

Postby n2aquatix » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:51 am

The Bursa rose a full eigth of an inch when I pulled the slide back. I personally find that unacceptable. If you dont mind slide-wobble then buy that gun.
n2aquatix

Postby andrewmag1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:10 pm

andrewmag1

Postby paintball_rudeboy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:17 pm

paintball_rudeboy

Postby n2aquatix » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:52 pm

Lifetime warranty, fixed barrel permanently mated to the frame, day/night sights easily adjusted for elevation and windage, all-weather polymer and powder-coat construction. Sure, its big, but other than that, I think ita great design.
n2aquatix

Postby get_inthehole » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Just got a C-9 probably a couple of months ago, I was just curious coz its so cheap compared to those well known brands, I probably had close to 500 rounds in two months, but surprisingly not a single jam so far. I was on the range with acouple of buddies with a Glock 10mm, Sig 9mm, & a Walther, I actually lost track on how many times their pistols jammed. This C-9 is ugly-looking but surely a reliable gun, lokks bad but an awesome gun!
get_inthehole

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols