>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 SK Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby jobpatto » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:23 am

g4l & literaltrance,

Thank you for the great information, I have pretty much decided to go with the SK (unless one of my father's co-workers is able to get a second new USP .40 Compact for the $495 airline pilot deal price. They have a 1/piot limit and I snatched his up within about 30 seconds of HK making the offer. Now that he is approaching retirement and will have to give his government issued Federal Flight Deck Officer USP back, my conscience is compelling me to let him benefit from his own deal.

Literaltrance, I have seen your pictures and I'm sure I will make those same magazine mods, at least on my main mag. The thing that really made me think twice in the store was that 'floating feeling' that you referred to. I'm not worried about recoil and this gun is or CCW but I still want it to feel well seated in my hand when I'm at the range. The USP Compact (for me at least) fits my hand so perfectly that it would be hard for me to compromise on that point too much for my primary carry auto. With your grip mod, it seems much closert to what I'm used to.

Lastly and just out of curiosity, I have 4 mags for the USP .40 Compact and they say they are the same for the regular P2000. Will they also fit into the SK's (like the small Glocks accept the full-size magazines) but just hang out the end? Obviously not attractive but if I have some spare 12 round mags laying around anyway, it would be a shame to leave them emply.

Thank you both again for your information, you definitely helped make my decision. Although I again absolutely LOVE, and can't say enough good things about my USP .40 Compact, I am now kind of hoping my father CAN'T turn up another one at that pilot discount so that I can go the P2000 SK V2 route. Regardless, it is a win-win situation and I wish more of life's dilemas were like this.
jobpatto

Postby Str8Shooter » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:59 pm

I haven't personally put a USP magazine into the P2000 or P2000SK but HK claims the USP magazines will work in these guns as long as the caliber is the same and yes it would extend out the bottom then.
Str8Shooter

Postby jobpatto » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:23 pm

I just learned that HK makes a $15 product called an X-Grip to fill the gap on the USPc/P2000 magazine so that they will fit properly in the P2000 SK and allow for the use of the 12 round mags (in the .40 at least), as opposed to the nine. It also allows for the third finger to be firmly seated on the longer grip provided by the regular magazine. I have not fired my P2000 SK .40 with the grip X-Grip extension yet but I will report when I do. I'm thinking that it will have to make it an even more manageable weapon.

I have attached a picture taken from HK's website.
jobpatto

Postby cobblecanyon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:52 am

Jobpatto - I just shot my P2000SK .40 V3 w/Decocker for the 1st time. Put 200rds of white box Winchester FMJ 165gr, 180gr, PowRball 135gr (hot load w/a little punch), and Federal Hydro 135gr JHP through it with just 1 hitch. Twice the last rd chambered, fired, but the gun don't lock open. Gonna have to look into that a little further. This piece is quite substantial in terms of cost and I expected it to performed flawlessly right out of the box, much like my G23.

As I was shooting this bad boy, I was comparing it to my G23 which I dearly cherished. The recoil was very manageable and it shot very tight which I like. The little pistol just feel solid and I am planning on using it as my full time CC.

However, the magazine w/pinky rest is a problem for me. I didn't like the rubber feel of it. Did a little research and came up with a solution. I rather have it flush from the top down. Here's a link for the base floor plate. I will put the flat plate on and see how she scream and post my review of it. I have heard from others it makes a huge different in the grip feel once you have a flush magazine with no pinky rubber rest - provided if that is a problem for you.

Because of the minor issue where the gun doesn't lock open after the last round is fire, this bad boy is getting a 4 star.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005
cobblecanyon

Postby g4l » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:18 pm

cobble, be sure Your thumb isn't hitting the slide-stop, I occasionally hit mine on My Glock and HK P2000.
g4l

Postby cobblecanyon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:20 pm

g4l - you could be right. Though another shooter who worked at the range took her for a 9rd spin had the same problem. This is very minor and I am certain there is a fix once I get more comfortable with her.

I am taking it back out to the range again this weekend and planning to test it on Remington Saber Bonded 165gr. I've been holding my P2K .40 the L2 days and it's starting to grow on me even with the pinky rest. I have a P228 and I must say, it feels better than my P228 which I have owned for 12yrs. Tough beating my G23 but after looking at the G27, I had to go with this particular model. Got alot more work to do. But from an internal/external standpoint, this HK P2K .40 is a thing of beauty. I am starting to fall in love with her as my full-time piece. My G23 getting kinda jealous cause there's a new female in town.
cobblecanyon

Postby bcjwriter » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:14 pm

I just started carrying my SK for off-duty, (I bought the regular P-2000 .40 LEM for a duty gun) and it's outstanding for how easy it is to carry. I'm not as accurate with it as yet for point shooting, but I'll see if that's just an issue for practice.

Who has any suggestions as to a good leather concealment holster?
bcjwriter

Postby jobpatto » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 pm

I just received my X-Grips in the mail and they are fantastic! I posted a picture with it installed.

They are an HK product that fills the gap when using the high capacity magazine in the SK. I have the .40 so it holds three additional rounds and the added length of the handle is as comfortable as my USP/c. I prefer to carry with the 9 round magazines but the 12 rounder w/ X-Grip is nice to have around, especially at the range.
jobpatto

Postby cobblecanyon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:15 am

bcjwriter - I have my p2000sk for about 1month now and been spending quite a bit of time researching for a IWB holster for it. Don't know if you are looking for similar but here is one I came across. Check out the link below. Also, found out Kramer and Mitch Rosen made some fine quality leather holster. They are in the 100s, I don't know if you want to spend that much. Considering the P2000SK is quite substantial in terms of cost, I make sure I get a nice quality holster for one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018
cobblecanyon

Postby concerto » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:35 pm

I have a stupid question.

I have been looking at the 2000sk on line and I don't see a thumb safety. Do you just keep the hammer down until your ready to fire ? Is It double action trigger ?
concerto

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols