>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 SK Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby center-beam » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:56 pm

I must admit I am rather new to these types of guns and I'm looking to purchase my first "complicated" handgun. Currently I own a .357 Ruger that is pretty simple, load the bullets and pull the trigger and you get a really really loud noise! I think I've decided on the HK P2000 SK, 9mm, DA/SA, de-cocker V3. I'm not sure that I could explain to any of you what all that means, but it seems like after a lot of searching on the web and reading of various forums that seems to be the choice of most people and I realize that alone does not make it the best gun for me so I'm asking for your help. I'm 5'7" and weigh about 165. Because of that I don't think I'd want to try and handle the .40 and probably not the .357 although I could be wrong. The LEM system seems like quite a nuisance and requires a tremendous amount of shooting to get used to. Also, maybe this particular gun is not the one for me. Like most people I intend to carry it on me as a concealed weapon for self-defense. The Ruger and .12 gauge I'll keep at home. Do you think I should seriously consider the HK P30 instead of the P2000SK? Again, I want to be able to conceal this weapon and I'm not sure the P30 is small enough or is as highly rated. Ok, that's it. Thanks for any advice you can pass along.
center-beam

Postby g4l » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:51 am

Hi center-beam;

In My opinion, the V3 is the way to go. While I don't own the sub-compact Sk,(I have the compact model P2000), I have put about 50 rounds through My friend's .357sig Sk, and have nothing bad to say about it.

Recoil is very subjective, so Your height and weight don't really help, it's all about how You feel. 9mm is pretty tame, 40 is snappy, and 357sig is quite snappy. Go with what You shoot best, and if possible, see if You could rent the different types at the range first. I would recommend the .40, but I'd definitely like You to try one out first to make sure it's something You'd be comfortable with. Good Luck!!
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Excellent recommendation Glocks! I didn't know you had a P2000. Pretty soon you'll be able to open your own shop! LOL!

I wanted to add a question. Have you measured the initial double action trigger weight and the single action follow up weights? I'm also curious about your impression of the decocker function on this and the SK. It was difficult to find any rear facing photos and wondered where they managed to fit a decocker into it. Do you prefer this location versus the typical "side of the slide" area?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Stormtown » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:23 am

It had been a few years since i had owned a hand gun, due to an ex-fiace who was terrified of them, so i had my Sig P229 over at a buddies place, and was looking for a sub compact for concealed carry, and the P2000sk kept coming up in conversations, so here i am, about 6 months later, i have shot about 700 rounds through it, and needless to say, it is everything i wanted and more..! superb accuracy, very low recoil..! i have found that i prefer using winchester 180 or 165grain at the range, was using federal 165, they have more recoil than the winchester 180's.. started out carrying the Hardany "Tap" 155grain, tried about 5 at the rang, then was turned on to the Cor-Bon 135 grain by Matt at Arizona Gun Range in Ft Lauderdale... virtually no recoil with these, shot 18 rounds at the range.. they are a bit pricy, but if i have to protect myself, in an instant, i know i will hit the target..!
Stormtown

Postby sdom001 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 am

Hello to all,

Does anyone know the overall height to the p2000 sk?
sdom001

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 pm

It is 4.6 inches.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:23 pm

IF YOU THINK A CHEAP PLASTIC PISTOL [ALBEIT A RELIABLE GUN] IS WELL BUILT AND A GOOD VALUE AT NEARLY $900.00--YOU ARE VERY NAIVE--THIS GUN SHOULD NOT COST ANYMORE THAN A COMPARABLE GLOCK.
BLADESKATER00

Postby jobpatto » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 am

It is a matter of extreme reliability with the HK's (never a FTF or FTE) and better/safter carrying options. When carrying chambered and IWB, the SA-only Glock with a small trigger tab safety between you and your crotch makes for a very daunting prospect. The carrying options and reliability are why I went with HK's. The fact that my father was an armed 747 captain and could get them from the factory at 1/2 price helped as well.

I like Glocks and I'm sure most people on the is site do. If I were going to carry holstered outside the pants, I may reconsider my issue with chambered carrying in that pistol.
jobpatto

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:42 pm

GLOCKS ARE ALSO KNOWN FOR EXTREME RELABILITY--H&K GUNS ARE ALL OVER PRICED!
BLADESKATER00

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:09 am

Calm please...

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols