>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby DOCB » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:11 pm

save yourself alot of money and buy a glock!!!!!!!!
DOCB

Postby g4l » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:56 am

I just saw Your post farther down, I think the LEM trigger really ruined Your experience Docb, I would definitely stay away from that trigger configuration, the V3 is the way to go.
g4l

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:16 pm

I was looking fairly seriously at this gun. The one that I saw had the LEM trigger, and as far as that goes I would agree with DOCB when he said " I find that the lem trigger has too much travel in it. it is a really light, but takes to long to brake." that was exactly what I was thinking myself. So to those of you who have handle both, what do you think of the trigger on the V3?
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby Str8Shooter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 am

I have had the P2000SK pistol in .40 (V3) for about a year and a half now which I carry off duty and I love it more everytime I shoot it. I just had to requalify with it last week and it was again flawless. The most accurate pistol I have ever shot including full sized pistols and I have NEVER had a malfunction with it. The qualifying distance isn't very far but even at 15feet all my shots are going into the same hole in the target. I carry it with Federal Hydrashock ammo but have fired even the cheapest practice ammo I can find and have never had an issue with anything. The only extra on the pistol are the night sites that came standard with the police discount through the dealer. I have owned Berettas, Sigs, Smiths, and fired others including Glocks and the price for this HK was well worth it. I have seen it listed for as low as $660 for nonpolice. If anyone would like to know where to get it at that price let me know. I have never shot the the LEM trigger but I have absolutely no complaints with the V3.
Str8Shooter

Postby g4l » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:12 pm

The accuracy on this rivals My Kimber 5'', up to 400 rounds and this might be My favorite .40 Ive ever fired, no jams or problems as of yet. A great alternative to those who don't like the Glock trigger or grip angle.
g4l

Postby lotsip81 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to take this weapon down for cleaning? (looking at the V3 if there is a difference) The other thing I was wondering is, how does this compact do for concealed carry? I just really dont care for the sub-compact of pretty much any gun. Thanks for the help

Lot
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby bcjwriter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:19 pm

I personally love my P-2000 (standard compact size). It is concealable enough to go on an ankle holster and stay concealed under my jeans or suit pants leg. I cannot say enough good things about the gun.

AS for the take down...very easy. JUst unload, pull back the slide to the takedown cutout and push the slive release lever out from the right side to the left. One the slide release was out, the slide comes right off.

I hope that helps...
bcjwriter

Postby Str8Shooter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:01 pm

I wont repeat the steps for taking down this pistol but I'll just emphasize that it is VERY easy and fast. I have faith that anyone who has done it before can strip this pistol in under 3 seconds. Couldnt be easier. And I own the subcompact which is as large as I'd want to go for concealment so I cant comment on the P2000.
Str8Shooter

Postby g4l » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:42 am

lotsip81, I don't think I could get away with great concealment under light t-shirts with the P2000 IWB, but it conceals fairly well under My cooler weather shirts, and without a problem under a sweatshirt. Of coarse body type and dress code all dictate a whole lot when it comes to concealment.
g4l

Postby bcjwriter » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:31 pm

For those trying to pick between the HK and the Glock, I choose the P-2000. Mine in .40 is much more accurate and easier to shoot. Moreover, there is no trigger safety to shred up my trigger finger in long shooting sessions.
bcjwriter

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols