>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby ndg08 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Hey guys... a quick question. What type of safety does this gun have? And are there any big differences between the P2K and a compact USP? Thanks for the help.
ndg08

Postby bcjwriter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:34 am

The P-2000 doesn't have a manual safety. It uses a passive firing pin block that holds the firing pin captive until the trigger is pulled.

The main difference in the P2000 and the USP Compact is the interchangeable backstrap. it's a little more compact (the P-2000) and the P-2000 is completely ambidexterous. There are some other diferences as well. The P-2000 decocker for the traditional double action is mounted on the back of the frame, next to and below the hammer. The USP can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911. Overall, I like the P-2000 with the double action only LEM trigger.

Hope it helps/
bcjwriter

Postby ndg08 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Thanks for the reply bcj... that helps.
ndg08

Postby g4l » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 am

I fired a new .357sig SK today, this is a great little gun. For its size its very easy to shoot accurate and recoils not bad, just a quick snap. Ive always flirted with buying a SigSauer in the future but an HK might come first.
g4l

Postby frequentshooter » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:46 am

Recently purchased the HK in .357 Sig, and have gone twice to the range with it. Absolutely love it, feel bad for my Sig Arms P229R, which used to be my favorite gun. Flawless in every way. Nice pop to let you know it's getting the job done, but not bad by any means. Very good looking in person. If looking for something small, but with bite, and have the means for the price, I highly recommend the HK. It's been said before, but you get what you pay for...
frequentshooter

Postby pilotdane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:51 pm

I bought my first H&K a P2000sk .40 several weeks ago and I just oredered one in 9mm to have something cheaper for practice. I was skeptical of HK at first but after a few weeks with my sk I don't have much need for a full size weapon any longer. I have become just as accurate with the sk in rapid fire as with my full size Beretta (probably just practice but I really love the HK). It is hard to explain but it just feels "good". I point and it goes pow. Very natural, very easy.

The dual recoil spring does a good job of managing the .40 recoil. It's still a good snap but it is not difficult to control, and is more manageable than the S&W M&P compact I compared it too. I'll let you know in a week how the 9mm version compares.

Compared to most handguns the H&K magazine realease is a bit different but it soon became totally natural. I'm right handed and use the traditional thumb push on the left side to release the magazine but it seems it would be pretty easy to use middle finger to work the magazine release on the right side.

The slide release works perfectly. I can easily thumb the slide closed with one hand and I have never felt I could push it up when firing to cause the slide to lock open prematurely.

The only negative is that my pinkie gets a bit pinched by the magazine with the pinkie extension after a few hundred rounds. I don't even notice it until I've shot 150+ and then it gets noticable.

Basically it feels nice and tight when assembing after cleaning and when firing. Like a precision instrument. Just a quality weapon.
pilotdane

Postby DOCB » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:17 pm

my father carries a p2000 .40 lem dao. i have taken his weaopn with me to the range many times, and i find that the lem trigger has too much travel in it. it is a really light, but takes to long to brake. this makes follow on shots difficult to place accurately. the weapon feels great in my hand, but i really dont care for the lem trigger
DOCB

Postby EIB94 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:52 am

fired first 60 rounds yesterday, .357 sig. I like it so far.
EIB94

Postby Hooker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:33 pm

I've been carrying this weapon as my concealed carry gun for about 2 years. I couldn't find any dealers around that carried the SK in stock, so I never even got to handle one before I made the leap of faith and purchased it. However, since my bedside gun is an HK USP FS .45 w/ ULT, and after 6500+ rounds through it and zero FTF's, I was confident that it would be another great HK gun. I was right. I have about 1800+ rounds through this weapon, a 40S&W V3 DA/SA model. I carry it inside the waistband in a Don Hume and have never had any issues of any type with it. The only way to practice FTF drills is to put a snap-cap in the mag as I can't seem to get it to malfunction, regardless of the ammo I use.

Accuracy is outstanding for such a short barrel, even when double-tapping from the draw. Sure, it's a pricey weapon, but we all know the old sayings.

I was bend on buying a Glock until the two that I fired both FTF'd on me, 7 times in 150 rounds, clean, with both new "out of the wrapper" and used mags. Perhaps the third time's a charm, but I wasn't willing to bet my life on it. However, no reliability issues with any of my HK's thus far. I'd like to think that I am lucky, but after reading up on just about every HK weapon out there, reliability seems to be the standard. Of the 4 people that have fired my weapon, all 4 have purchased the exact same gun. Two of which while firing a Glock 27 for comparison when they fired mine. I highly recommend the V3 hammered/decocker version although I've yet to fire the LEM version. Call me old fashion but, as a Soldier, I like having a hammer and the trigger pull that's associated with it. Old habits, I guess.

Bottom line: superb reliability, well above average accuracy, and just a darn sexy looking weapon. I'm 6'2", and it's a bit small for my large hands, but it's the only concealable, hammered auto that I could find that would meet my personal requirement for reliability (sorry Glock, build a better weapon and we'll try again). Besides, practice makes perfect, and I'll use any excuse I can think of to find a reason to practice.

Only one drawback- after firing my weapon, my wife now insists that I buy her one to replace her 2" ported .357 mag revolver that she carries. C'mon, tax return!
Hooker

Postby g4l » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Just picked up the P2000 V3 .40 today and put 140 rounds through, 100 Win/white box and 40 Corbon DPX. Absolutely perfect performance and soooo accurate!

Surprisingly very little recoil for a .40, even with the hot Corbon's making follow up shots easy. It has a good sized polymer recoil buffer and it does it's job well. I'd say anyone looking at these forget about the 9mm and go straight for the .40.

The gun is light, has a great grip, 1911 like comfort & feel, and comes with different backstraps that I haven't tried yet. The only thing thats odd is HK's weird mag release button, I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Very happy!
g4l

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols