>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 26 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby KBintheSLC » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:22 pm

I tossed some Meprolite Tritium's on mine and it makes a huge difference... in darkness and in daylight. The accuracy of this little gun is dead on at 20 meters. It was a great upgrade from the stockers.
KBintheSLC

Postby russcoh » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:09 am

After about 2000 rounds, my Glock 26 shows very very little wear. It never jams on me, isn't picky on ammo, and is extremly accurate. The low profile sights certainly take longer to get good with than iron sights, but they're certainly a better choice when having to draw without catching. There are definately some good aftermarket sights out there for it.
russcoh

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 pm

This is a fully interactive flash player that is set to display the Glock pistol in many different views. Make sure you use the menu at the bottom to switch to all the different views. You can select views of each individual part which makes it great for understanding the various terms we discuss on the forum. Thanks to Top Glock.com for providing this. Check out their site!

http://www.topglock.com/Content.aspx?cK ... 2-20080307
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ccfarmer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:15 pm

I recently bought a Glock 26 with night sights. I have owned 3 others that are large frame. I was really happy to see how accurate it is for such a short pistol. A nice compliment to my other Glocks.
ccfarmer

Postby gonga05 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi. undesided whether to buy a G26 or Springfield XD sub-compact. any suggestion will be appreciated.
gonga05

Postby otrclwotpo » Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm

I am still looking for a comfortable home defense pistol for my wife. Would trhe Glock 26 work well for a female shooter with smaller and weaker hands? How would the Glock 26 compare to a S&W M&P Compact?
otrclwotpo

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:49 pm

I'd like to know what experience your wife has with a handgun before giving a recommendation. Someone with little or no experience should think hard before choosing a semi auto as their first handgun, especially when it will be depended on for home defense. I believe a Glock to be as reliable a semi auto that has ever been built, but this may have much more recoil than its bigger brother, the Glock 19. If this pistol is going to be used for range practice and home defense and not concealed carry, it would be wiser to go with a larger model. Less recoil, easier to control than the subcompacts. Have you considered a revolver? There's a lot to offer in a good wheel gun!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby louismacote » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:36 pm

Can I get some advice/opinions on what to do?

I am currently carrying a glock 36 in .45acp, and am seriously considering trading in for a model 26. My pros would be: could use as a pocket gun, can use mags and ammo from my glock 19 and kel tek rifle, more controlable recoil, my girlfriend could shoot it.

Cons would be: less punch, $$$$, impractical for anything but CPL and backup.
louismacote

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:54 pm

I think you should just buy it and keep the 36! If you look at the numbers the 36 is 1.5 oz. heavier, .32" longer barrel, .52" longer overall and for the sake of conversation, lets say it carries twice the ammunition. Every .45acp fan is going to tell you that hands down, .45acp, especially when it's compared with a 9mm. The only two items that stand out is the 1.5 oz heavier weight and the difference in total rounds with the 36. You've already got a Glock 19 in 9mm, so you've already got something for your girlfriend to shoot and the 19 is by itself pretty compact. I personally would tell you to keep the 36. If you want to drop caliber size a bit, I would suggest you consider the G23. The 40SW round is very impressive round and is considerably more powerful than a 9mm. With the 23 you can also change barrels and have the ability to add another 9mm or .357 SIG to your gun safe. Just my thoughts, hope they give you something to consider!!

tigwelder56

Postby glockfan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:29 am

Should I trade a g19 for a g26 o g27 ??..does it feel the diference between 9mm and 40.
glockfan

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols