>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Walther P22 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Benbelcher2907 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:38 am

I have walter p22 it shoots great with cci ammo

Has great ergonomics fits my hand great, good for

Young shooters and well priced hope this helps
Benbelcher2907

Postby Snoopy60 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 am

I got the P22 for Christmas. I shot Blazers (500 rds) thru it.

For the first 3-4 magazines I would have alibi's (would not go

fully back into battery). A palm hit on the rear of the slide put it back into battery. After that i had no problems at all. I am waiting on my Galco yaqui holster to come in and it will be my

new CCW.
Snoopy60

Postby ckvtra » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:45 am

This is a great ccw gun in my opinion. for just plinking use whatever, but for ccw, use the stingers, by CCI. I like this gun. isnt perfect, but it is reliable with the stingers.
ckvtra

Postby davidlee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I was just in measuring the Walther P-22 and my Glock 27. They are nearly identical in size, width, leangth and magazine capacity, the G-27 has more weight but not uncomfortable, I carry CCW daily. The P-22 was bought for my daughter 2 years ago, She is now 12, to get her use to firearm safety and shooting economically. Just my .2 cents the P-22 is a fine pistol but the .22 caliber lacks the stopping power of the .40 caliber. In the event of an acual emergency I want to have the most reliable stopping power that is comfortable to handle in rapid fire situations. My carry round is a 200 grain Doubletap controlled expansion, this hopefully will stop an attacker quickly. The Walther P-22 I have is very reliable and eats the Remmington goldens like candy and with CCI's high velocity rounds can be formidable, but a little underdressed for large men or a drug induced individual that means to do harm.
davidlee

Postby ckvtra » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Yes I do agree that if someone is on drugs a .22 may not be your best friend LOL only got it for the comfort factor. I have shot many small guns, subcompacts, etc. there is not alot of control when firing a large caliber out of a 3 inch barrel, even a 9mm, I still had trouble being accurate. thats pretty much why i went with the 22. Alot of people love to talk about stopping power. I agree sort of. Yes its nice to have stopping power. But If you have good shot placement, it aint gonna matter. Trust me for home protection i am not using the .22 LOL had to throw that in LOL
ckvtra

Postby kep4321 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Nobody wants to be shot with any caliber bullet but a .22LR is not the way to go. You can make up a little for poor shot placement with a lager caliber.

Example: Someone surprises you in a attack (which is usually the way it goes) and all you get off is one poorly placed shot and you hit them in the shoulder before they can attempt to take your gun away. With a .22, yes they will have to seek medical attention in most cases and it may startle them but it may not end the struggle. Now use the same situation and make it a .380, 9MM or .40. There is a much better chance that the fight will be over or at least give you time to retreat or fire again to end the struggle.

I'll stick with larger calibers for self defense. You can talk about well placed shots all you want, but in the real world you may not have time to take that kind of aim in an actual emergency. Especially if the attacker is already within arms reach before you know about a threat.

The P22 is a great little gun and I love mine, but I will keep using my P22 for plinking fun, my kids and new shooters.
kep4321

Postby JustBen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Pull out a .22 in a dire self defense situation, and you are probably going to get your butt kicked twice as bad or killed. This is flirting with disaster. If you are going to carry, you best be ready to fight for your life. A gun is not pepper spray, when you pull it, you are probably out of options and just about to die. Do you really want a .22 in your hand ?
JustBen

Postby scumm2011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 pm

.22 is really for piece of mind or deterrence when come to ccw. Having said that, there have been more deaths from .22 caliber than any other but since .22 does more internal damage over time you will not die as quickly as a larger caliber gun. If you are going to conceal this gun, I'd recommend fragemented ammo that can do some damage but all still lack stopping power. This gun can get you out of a situtation, I wouldnt want to be shot in the face multiple times with it.
scumm2011

Postby waverider » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Absolutly the most comfortable gun i've ever owned, But ever since brand new out of the box i've had trouble with it jamming. Usually starts in during the second clip and I've switched ammo, cleaned it well, lubed it and still nothing seems to help very much. Anybody else having issues like this? Starting to think i've got a lemon
waverider

Postby Dpower58 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:59 pm

I own many cal. Hand guns from 9mm to 45 acp. I have had to draw my 1911 on a punk trying to mug my wife with a can of pepper spray one nite while getting off work, luckily I was picking her up that nite, she got the most of it in the face by the time I got there, but I drew on him planning to shoot, but then he started to beg when I had him cornered. Police arrived and arrested him. My wife is very uncomfortable with handling firearms, but she wants to learn how to handle a hand gun. I'm still doing research, but I think so far what I've found is the Walther p22 would be a great learner for her small frame, and possibly ccw. To be honest, I would be more frightened to be shot at by a 22 than any other cal. Cause you know that person with a 22 shoots all the time and has good accuracy.
Dpower58

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols