>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 27 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby MrMarx » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:56 am

I bought a Glock 27 and Pearce +1 extension and I can't get the extra round in the magazine. Do these extensions really work?
MrMarx

Postby DTownes » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:12 pm

5ring ***** In Florida Joe Citizen with a CCW permit can walk out of a gun store same day with a gun. A cop cant. What a joke. That is a accurate quote by you. I live in Jacksonville & use to be a officer my self in the Daytona Beach area in 1994-97. I would have loved to have this during those days as a 2nd backup. More power to you just was not for me..What ammo do you use & how about those Jaguars
DTownes

Postby dontgetdead » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:48 pm

Just got a new 27 yesterday. First 150 rounds went without a hitch. $509 at Top Gun range in Imperial MO. I am amazed at how well this little gun shoots. So far I put a Pierce ext. on one mag. and a pierce+1 on the other factory mag. 0 ftf. Any suggestions for a cc rig?
dontgetdead

Postby ibedanny » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:25 pm

Comp-tac pro undercover.

www.comp-tac.com

You'll love the holster.

I live in Florida and I usually wear shorts and a T-shirt.

I can carry with no problems.
ibedanny

Postby Kentuckian » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 pm

ibedanny, I've been considering getting the barrel to shoot the .357 sig also. Did you order your barrel online, if so how much and where did you get it? How did the gun feed the 9mm, did you have to get another mag for that round? That would sure make a versatle weapon! I really like this little gun, I put off buying one for almost 5 years, sure wish I had bought it sooner.
Kentuckian

Postby ibedanny » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Kentuckian

I ordered it from www.lonewolfdist.com

;) go to barrels than M27 357 sig or M27 9mm.

You can get both of those ported but it will add an inch to the barrel. Besides 357 sig has more muzzle blast so I got it standard. My 9mm barrel is ported tho for range practice. I get odd looks from people from the other lanes after showing up with one gun and creating 3 different types of blasts. ;) I get questions like "what guns you got". I say one ;)

I also put in the Lone wolf 3.5 pound connector and extended slide release as well as GAP floorplates.

Those GAP floor plates are sweet. www.concealablecontrol.com

They say you don't need 357sig barrels for the conversion because the casing is the same but I got some anyways because the followers are different I believe. Same with 9mm you need mags.
ibedanny

Postby RepeatDefender » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 pm

A few words on Glock 27: Reliable, Stout, Well built, Snappy recoil, Easy to use, Easy to clean. 4 out of 5.
RepeatDefender

Postby 5ring » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:49 pm

A couple of people asked my opinion on ammo for .40 Glocks. I carry a G27 off-duty and a G22 at work. Of course at work I'm restricted to using issue ammo which is Winchester super-x 155grain silver tip hollow point. Off-duty I like Remington Golden sabers 180grain brass jacketed hollow points. Why throw butts when you can throw ashtrays? Two years ago one of our officers shot a guy slap in the side of the head with one of the 155 Super-X. He still lives (though he wears a diaper and a hockey helmet). I've been a Golden Saber fan since my days with the feds. I've never heard of anyone getting up after a well-placed shot from one. Just my non-expert opinion.
5ring

Postby Jaimie » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:32 pm

MRMARX....I had the same problem with my extra round extension. The extension piece is unforgiving when it is being put together. Everything must be assembled perfectly. Something was not perfectly alined inside when assembled and the result is not all the rounds will go inside the magazine... take it apart and start over....It will work. I had someone assemble my magazines who expirenced the same problem.
Jaimie

Postby 5ring » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:56 pm

If you're gonna put an extension on your G27 mag just buy a G23. Why anyone would buy the ultimate concealment semi-auto and then make it larger (and harder to conceal) is beyond me. If you can't hit your target with the first ten shots, its time to consider a shotgun.
5ring

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols