>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 27 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby plastics_guy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks DavidLee for the info. I'll Google the Comptac and see if I can find a local shop that carries them or a web store.
plastics_guy

Postby athosbrag » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Ok, best ammo for testing, *practice, and best ++ ammo or multigrain I like to call it? Anyone like the zac holster? It's just a clip? Also, best place online to get accessories, I.e. holster, mags, ammo, cleaning gear (walmart?) Any NON recommendations on +2 or +1 Pearce extensions? Or just stick with +0 extension and/or G23 mags.
athosbrag

Postby g4l » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Any quality fmj for practice; Blazer, Winchester etc. For carry I'll use Winchester Ranger T, or Corbon DPX. I looked up the Zac holster, and must say it is something I'd never own...absolutely stupid design. I use a few IWB holsters, and You'll probably buy a few before finding one You really like. I'll occasionally use a mag with a Pearce pinky extension, but usually carry with the flatplate, since the G27 is all about maximum concealment. Any +1 or +2 extension on the G27 gets it so close to the dimensions of the G23, it's just worth carrying the 23. Glockstore.com is a great place for Glock gear.
g4l

Postby kep4321 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 am

kep4321

Postby athosbrag » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks very much for the info, zac clip is out! I will keep on looking for other such ideas here from you all...LIKE where to carry it the most? I believe I am going for an in pocket holster for coat/pants, one that will secure the trigger guard while still being accessible. I am going with the standard mag, for carry, but have two plus two mags for practice etc. Curious, might there be an aftermarket .45 conversion for this? I almost got the G36 but price was right to get the g27.
athosbrag

Postby kep4321 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Forgot to mention that I have a pocket holster too, but don't use it much. As for a front or rear pocket carry this pistol is too big, but you can get a pocket holster for over size cargo pants pockets. Only certain pants that I have with cargo pockets will fit this holster. It's also a bit heavy if you are going to do a lot of walking because of the weight moving forward and back. Remember this thing weighs over 1.5lbs when fully loaded and is well over 1 inch wide without a holster.

Here are some links....

Here is where I got mine. It's more of a hand made look and feel, but it's cheaper and VERY sturdy.

http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/Spo ... 86.c0.m301

Here's another more expensive one that may be a bit more attractive to look at. But on the other hand, it's in your pocket and nobody's supposed to see it anyway.

http://www.pocketholsters.com/Glock_Poc ... lster.html
kep4321

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:33 pm

If you want a nice, inexpensive, pocket holster that will last forever and above all else, works, this is worth looking at. I've got three of them and am totally satisfied with their performance. The holster I'm referring to is the DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster. For a sub $20.00 price, you simply can't go wrong!!! http://www.desantisholster.com/storefrontB2CWEB/browse.do?action=refresh_browse&ctg_id=4204
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby athosbrag » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Have had .45 all my life (30+ years) Love my old haskell ugly duck...cc not a prospect unless I was going to wear a parka! So I started towards GLOCK...G 30 G 36 slimline, first choice I thought, price consideration lent me towards the G27, plus size...still shorter and barely wider. ALL of you experts are right! About everything! NOW what I have not made my mind up about is WHERE TO CARRY IT ON MY PERSON. I want a pocket holster, can't stand anything but ME in my pants. Besides, I wear tight clothing always...just do...not a gay thing, as if that might matter, I just grew up with tight jeans. So I am leaning towards BACK pocket carry if not winter coat, and or cargo pants when possible. INPUT please???? already have extra mags...and I must use a plus one extension at least. I know I know why not the G23?

Length...
athosbrag

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I like your choice of manufacturers, you just can't go wrong with anything named "Glock"!!! I'm very biased because I absolutely love them in any shape, form or caliber! I'm currently quite fond of my G23. It's a superb weapon that offers so many advantages, it's hard to list them all. One thing I'd like to point out to you is that your decision/choice while good is a bit hard to understand. I carry many of my concealed carry handguns in a pocket style holster. Like you, I have enough in my pants without stuffing something else in there!! LOL! I never thought of it that way but I like the comparison!! One item I think you should reconsider is barrel length. The G23 has a bbl length of 4.06" and the G27 is 3.46". That's a total difference of .56". That's pretty insignificant IMO. Especially when you're willing to accept magazine extensions. I have always found that it's far more difficult to conceal a 1 or 2 round mag extension than it is to hide a mere .56" barrel difference. Let me know what you're thinking!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:06 am

I don't know how some of you guys carry in a pocket, (comfortably? without having a bulge that alerts everyone? can you draw in an effective way?), even a G27 in cargo pants would be like half a brick flopping around. I buy My jeans one size up, and IWB whatever I choose to carry, from the G27 up to a full size 1911. I will occasionally use an ankle holster with the G27. I usually carry just in front of My right hip, then give the gun a proper cant, to conceal the grip properly. Even with tighter t-shirts I can conceal the G27, or 3'' 1911 very well. Darker shirts work best, (as My Girl jokes... wearing black or blue today?lol).
g4l

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols