>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 22 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby namara » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:08 pm

members.aol.com/fiveoglock

the link for the targets is good.

The fact that I am too old to be scared by spiders or webs is bad.
namara

Postby hydrax » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:04 pm

I just bought one of these and I had a Lasermax installed along with a 3.5lb trigger. This pistol handles well and predictably. I tried the trijecton sights on my brothers pistol and found them to be too bright at night, making the target disapear when the sights were on it. This was my sole reason to go with a Lasermax at 50ft it is spot on allowing a 1.5 inches grouping while shooting from a rest. This pistol doesnt kick it pushes. If you are going to shoot it at night use the Hornady TAP ammunition so that you weill be able to see after the first shot.
hydrax

Postby namara » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:16 pm

Hydra:

Excellent in...sight. :-)

The really great observation is the push over the kick. Agreed. As for the ammo? I dunno. Shoot for practice what you will carry. As if your life (or mine) depended on the outcome. Night sights, not for me. Why? If this is a carry firearm it will be knocked about. Not a bulls eye set up. Trick sights are fine on the range. Iron is dependable. Look all I am trying to say is get comfortable with the basics before you go for all the smootz. I still catch Bass on a live nightcrawler. :-) So this old fart is boring you all to hell just one more VERY important pointer. I want you to understand this. Stock sights any gun. Low light or no light. You cant see the sights. You are UNDER pressure. (understand) Aim fire arm at any light source. Look at front sight. Transfer aim to target. You will see the stock sights on your target.

No night sights required. Try it, in a safe manner at the range. You will be a believer, and this tip will save your life.

Namara
namara

Postby namara » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:23 pm

Even we decrepit half blind old farts can trace a laser back to the source....

Why advertise the fact we cant shoot?

Ooooops now I am in trouble.

Namara <------------ Knows nuttin
namara

Postby hydrax » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:59 am

I have tried every trick in the book from many honorable Police Officers, some of which are retired. My little brother is in charge of the Snipers for the next County over. Everyone has an opinion about what works and what doesnt....for them and mine is just another of those. As for the comment about looking the laser back to its source, the target is aquired before the laser comes on. Then the target is affected. I am a believer in practice and on this pistol I use the Glock standard iron sights for that. I believe they put me on target as fast as any I have tried. At night, in a stressfull, dynamic and soul moving situation, I believe a shot with a pistol at 75 to 100 feet, can only be resonably attempted with the help of a laser. The Halo sight with the small green dot is darn good too, but it sticks up on the pistol and I would surely mess it up.

Hydrax .......knows nuttin either, thats the way of opinions.

Shoot straight and hopefully at just paper...or possibly a deer etc
hydrax

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:10 pm

I just bought my G22 and I luv it!! Im 23 yrs old and I been shooting most of my life. I was going to go with the G17 but people told me to go with the G22..The recoil was not bad at all. 15 round mag and Every shot was dead center.. I luv this gun but am upgrading parts allready to make it better..I recomend the extended Mag Drop and The Extended Slide Release..
jdeangelis99

Postby qncy_blw » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Try a Glock 35. It comes standard with the features youre looking for. It makes for an out of the box, low cost competition gun.
qncy_blw

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:11 pm

I will try it. I really love the glock 22.The only thing i am surprised about is there is no saftey button..
jdeangelis99

Postby namara » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:57 pm

Safety. The glock has three. Ooops four if you include where your trigger finger should be.
namara

Postby jdeangelis99 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:05 am

That is very true and Glock is my fav gun. Does anyone have custom parts on their gun?? Im not sure if i should custom anything on it..I order Extended mag release but anyone think I should modify anything else?
jdeangelis99

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols