>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

EAA Witness Polymer Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

EAA Witness Polymer Reviews

Postby micideal » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:19 pm

I purchased a Witness P-Carry 45ACP. Its my first center fire pistol. Ive fired several revolver and semi auto pistols over the years in just about every standard caliber. I chose the Witness after handling at least a dozen different manufactures Semi auto frame pistols. My choices (for how it felt in my hand) came down to the Springfied XD and the Witness. After firing the XD S&W40 and 9mm at a local range I was set on buying the Springfield but wanted the new XD 45ACP (I hadnt had the oportunity to fire a Whitness 45 either) When I got my hands on a XD 45 I was bummed because the grip was so wide my small hand was no longer comfortable holding the gun. I found a used Witness P-Carry 10mm (same frame as the 45ACP) and it felt wonderful. I ordered my Witness 45ACP the same day. Ive now fired a little over 500 rounds though the gun without a hitch. Rounds 41-90 scored me 100% on my conseal/carry test and I couldnt be happier. For a new, sub $500, 45 Im very pleased. The only quirk Ive found is when loading a fresh mag., if I slam it in hard, ocasionally, the slide comes forward with out my having released the slide lock. Im not an experienced gun owner so take my rating accordingly but Id buy another Witness with out hessitation.
micideal

Postby Hickeroar » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:09 am

I recently bought a Witness P Fullsize in .45ACP. What sold me on the gun was how it felt on my hand. The ergonomics, which are based on the CZ-75, are just plain excellent.

I had read that there is a 200-300 round break-in period on the pistol and that turned out to be about accurate. After I got through that, and dremel polished the feed ramp, the gun has been flawless. I found the gun for $350 and found out later that some places sell them cheaper than that. IMHO it was worth every penny of $350. The gun just feels GOOD. The slide finish hasnt shown any sign of wear yet.

EAA also sells conversion kits on their website. For $229 you can turn your Witness into a 9mm, .40cal, 38 Super, .45ACP, 10mm, or .22cal. I called and confirmed that these kits do work on the Witness-P model. They make kits for the fullsize and compact pistols. They also have a full parts and accessories store on their site.

If youre willing to deal with the long break-in period, Id definitely recommend this gun to you...
Hickeroar

Postby Williams1871 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:17 pm

I purchaced the .40 cal. version. What sold me was the gun holds 16 rounds, thats pretty good for a .40 cal. The only problem I have is the gun shoots about 6 inches low. I contacted EAA and they are going to resolve the issue. The dealer I Purchaced the gun from sold 3 other identical guns and they all shot low. But other than that the gun shoots and feels great. I would buy another one.
Williams1871

Postby jbarrow506 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:27 am

I shot the witness P 45 ACP and it gave me 4groups at 25 or yards OOTB! I had two novice shooters that also had similar groups at 7 and 15 yards. Fantastic. Only issue is loading magazine. 10th round was truff. Highley recommend no FTE misfire. Great weapon.
jbarrow506

Postby jbarrow506 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:00 pm

I love the witness but has anyone shot +P through the Witness? The manual advises against it and it will void the warranty. How does the +P perform?
jbarrow506

Postby phourq » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 pm

My .40 version of this gun has a problem with the plunger under the trigger bar. It "POPPED" out once and making the gun inop and released the mag release button from its place.

I put the plunger and mag release button back together and it works but the plunger top can still cock sideways a little and jam the trigger bar. It requires a takedown to fix it.
phourq

Postby reiterf » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:19 pm

I have the witness-p compact and I'm having trouble finding a nice holster(IWB) or ankle or outside the waistband.

I have checked with other websites and I never see any reference for the EAA it's like holster companies never post them.Can anyone help me?
reiterf

Postby daveone » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm

I just baught the compact .40 and i love it, im looking to put on a new rear site for it, but it rear site is stuck on and i can't break it loose. does anyone have any ideas as to any thing i can use to break it loose or even how hard its going to be to change the site. any help or ideas are welcome.

p.s love this gun just f***in great
daveone

Postby epwrangler » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 pm

Look for CZ holsters. It is a CZ clone. To break a glued in sight loose can be hard requiring a good brass punch and hammer with the gun held in a padded vice. Sometimes the sight pusher you can buy will do it. Best advice is to find a good gunsmith and let him do it. You will be way ahead.
epwrangler

Postby daveone » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:31 am

thanks for the advice and ill check it out.
daveone

Next

Return to Pistols