>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Matt.223 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 pm

My step dad has this gun in .44, so i stand to inherit it! he also has a ruger redhawk in .44 and a colt python. i shoot them from time to time and the deagle is by far my favorite followed by the beautiful python. The ruger cant match the accuracy as far as im concerned. Cleaning the gun revealed the quality in the design, very well made! She packs a punch but the enormous weight eats up enough recoil to make it safe, haha. I love shooting this gun and cant wait to own it and get the .50 barrel for it.
Matt.223

Postby papijoe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am

I am lucky enough to own a Colt Python 357, S&W 44 magnum, Glock 21 - 45, Beretta 92 fs- 9mm, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, ppk .380...and 'the monster' Eagle .50

Most of the guns I look for are guns my father used to own.

Not even the 44 Magnum can compare to shooting this thing.

I am very happy to own it, despite the expensive ammo.

You DO have to have a strong GD wrist...One time I had a friend who almost opened a gash on his forehead from the recoil because he did not prepare for the hit (I warned him, he did/does have experience with other guns)

I fully recommend it as part of a collection, but as an 'every-dayer', it may be a bit too much...unless you are in the dessert shooting at tanks!

Great to read the forum...new member.

Many happy shooting moments to all.
papijoe

Postby trancethan » Tue May 03, 2011 1:41 pm

I am struggling trying to find this pistol. Magnum Research tells me they will be producing it this year but they dont know when.

Anyone hear anything other then what Im hearing?
trancethan

Postby papijoe » Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 pm

We have plenty in Florida, mostly used ones.

Check out

Shoot Straight in Apoka Florida, I just saw a few on display.
papijoe

Postby trancethan » Tue May 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey papi, Im not seeing it on their website. Im a bit weary about buying used
trancethan

Postby papijoe » Tue May 03, 2011 3:07 pm

they have always been tops with me and my purchases. Strange, maybe they sold the ones they had. If you want you can call and ask for Ralph, he is the main guy there and knows -plenty. I will swing by later this week and see if they have any on display not listed in their site.
papijoe

Postby trancethan » Tue May 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Excellent!! thanks Joe!!
trancethan

Previous

Return to Pistols