>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Bersa Thunder Reviews

Postby ActiveFan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:34 am

The Ultra-Compact .45 pistols are roughly intermediate in size between standard and mini pistols, and, unlike smaller caliber brothers, they have a single stack magazine.
ActiveFan

Postby ActiveFan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:36 am

Bersa Thunder 9 pistols are standard issue pistols for the Argentinean Federal Police and the Buenos Aires Province Police.
ActiveFan

Postby ActiveFan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:38 am

Thunder pistols are available, in several different versions. The Thunder-380 pistols are of simple blowback design, while more powerful Thunder-9, Thunder-40 and Thunder-45 pistols are of locked breech design. Thunder series pistols are relatively compact and handy, yet they offer significant capacity with major pistol calibers, combined with good, fully ambidextrous ergonomics. Bersa pistols also are relatively inexpensive and offer decent reliability, making them good personal defense firearms.
ActiveFan

Postby hes122 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:39 pm

I just fired my first twenty rounds with the Bersa .40 Mini Firestorm. I am impressed.

Bought it second hand, maybe payed a little bit to much but got extra clip and tactical holster with it. Downside, the holster is for righthanded shooters and i shoot lefthanded after an injury at the right hand.

I had to switch over the clip release button and i had to think hard how to do it.

I wanted to get me the new FN forty-nine, but i sreiously reconsider after this tryout.

I think i gonna stick with my Bersa.
hes122

Postby weekendwarriorcal » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:01 am

I just picked up this gun saturday. Took it to the range on sunday and fired about 100 rounds of CCI blazer. The gun worked really well only one FTF and that was when my girlfriends mom was shooting it and im pretty sure it was an operator error, maybe because of the way she was holding the gun. Its a really nice gun points well and feels really comfortable to hold. Out the door it cost me 400, only real drawback being that it only comes with one clip and an extra is about 45 bucks. At 20 yards I didnt have too much trouble busting bottles so accuracy isnt bad. Not a whole lotof recoil either for a short barreled 45.
weekendwarriorcal

Postby gunnutz » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:43 am

try island tactical for a mag. i paid $28.00 including shipping, also check out sportsmans guide for 380 ammo, aguila brand $8.05 for 50....
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:21 pm

Picked up my 40 s&w thunder last week. Have shot 400 rounds to date, smooth as silk. Cant tell double action trigger pull from single action.
gunnutz

Postby damooster » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:41 pm

This was my first gun purchase and I am very disappointed.

I immediately started getting failure to feed problems with CCI Blazer Brass ammo. I would get about 2 of them per magazine. The next day I brought in three different types of ammo: Winchester White Box, American Eagle and Remington. All of them failed to feed and the WWB failed to eject the spent casing. A local instructor and FBI agent taking target practice tried the gun out and they had the same problems. I suffered through 500 rounds hoping that there was just a break in period, but this gun is still having major problems. I do not trust my life with this gun. I am having it shipped in to see if they can find out whats wrong with it, but whenever I get it I will still not trust it for daily carry.

There are some pluses to this gun, other wise I wouldve gave it a poor rating. There is surprisingly very little recoil with the .45. It did bite me once but that was me getting used to holding the weapon. I have little kids running around everywhere, so safety is very important to me. Besides having the gun locked in a storage container, this gun has a safety lever that also acts as a decocking lever, and there is also a key turn based safety on the side of the gun...you can turn the dial to safety and voila.

Lastly, I am not fond of the customer service. When I called to talk to them about my weapon, the customer service rep seemed to not care about my problem.
damooster

Postby jjsmid » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Purchased the Bersa CC 380 the first gun, slide lock broke after about 150 rnds, returned to the dealer no problem, replaced with a new gun. Have fired more than 500 rnds. on this gun without a problem. I think this is an excellant carry gun, small, thin and a powerful load. The price point is so good it made me feel a little unconfortable (low price = poor quality) I couldnt have been more wrong

After shooting this gun and cleaning, Im impressed enough that my next is a Bersa .45.

After reading many of these forums on people that have had problems, I belive you can have issues with any gun no matter who the manufacturer is, they are a mechanical device, failed parts like the slide lock on my first gun can happen to any gun, the key is purchasing from a good gun dealer who likes to keep his customers.
jjsmid

Postby gunnutz » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:23 pm

I agree wholhartedly, have 700 rounds through my Thunder 380 never a jam or fail to feed. Bought it on a lark because it was cheap #1 and I never owned a 380. I was so impressed with its preformance, I bought a custom bikini holster from Rays holsters and carry it often with out feeling it may fail. I always use top line ammo, in my autos. My wheel guns will shoot anything. There is a pawn shop owener in the city who told me, if the guy who stuck her up bought his ammo from her she would have been dead, he fired once at her with a 40 cal. S&W missed by inches, the next round jammed, cops caught him comming out. I buy my Remington 380 ball ammo from her!
gunnutz

Next

Return to Pistols