>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Astra A-100 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby pharmacist1952 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 pm

I have owned the Astra A-80 in .45 cal for 20 years now. Love the gun, how it feels in the hand, how it looks. Trigger pull is fantastic. But....after a few rounds, I assume the barrel heats up and the gun looses it's accuracy. Then it's not fun to shoot any more. Has any one experienced the same? This is one gun I refuse to trade.
pharmacist1952

Postby jdo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey ya all.Been looking at get"en this fire arm now for some time now and have noticed how alike the Astra pistils and Sig pistils are.But i been wondering "And this is whats stoping me from buying it" ..... Is knowing if the sig mags would fit into the astra's A-100 and so on.If any one knows any thing about this let me know that would be more then great!
jdo

Postby johnvr4 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:20 am

Sig mags and parts are not compatible. There may be one or two parts that would work but why spend time and money on trial and error.

See below where spare parts ARE available from EAA. Aftermarket mags are also out there- made by Magtech which hold 17+1. I see them all the time at gun shows also plenty of 10 rd mags and they usually sell out of hi caps in the first few hours and leave.

BTW- a new recoil spiring turns this in to a tight brand new feeling gun $15 dollars well spent and the Hogue Slip on cant be beat for $10. A guy in south Europe on always on Gunbroker.com has some original factory parts but they are international and pricey (and he has non-plastic grips). see my post below please.
johnvr4

Postby slappy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:09 am

the plastic feeder on my Astra clips are getting chewed-up. what is the cause of this?
slappy

Postby 32Shlomo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 pm

I would like to know where to get extra mag as well as holster and feed back on the Astra A-100 I just put one on layaway and pln to qualifie with it here in NC for my ccw as well as to be used at my job as Security at first I had some doubts but it fills like a Sig and for less money but still would like some input thanks to all.
32Shlomo

Postby slappy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:58 pm

you will have to shop & compare on the net for the best prices. I am certain you can find mags at a show. I would recommend have an idea of what the going rate for the mags are first though.
slappy

Previous

Return to Pistols